Seance Reviews

• Jan 29, 2014

Thin.....this movie is just thin.There is no real meat on this carcuss of a film.Should've,could've been more.

• Nov 13, 2012

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img]

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img]

• May 14, 2012

A supreme quiet brilliance, horror never felt so human and vulnerable

A supreme quiet brilliance, horror never felt so human and vulnerable

• Mar 29, 2012

Un thriller malin et original, dont le rythme tres lent deroute un peu au depart pour mieux saisir d'effroi a l'arrivee. C'est l'histoire d'une medium qui, alors qu'elle propose ses services a la police, se retrouve elle-meme impliquee, avec son mari, dans la disparition d'une fillette. En parallele de l'intrigue, "Seance" traite habilement de la crise d'un couple et du "mal d'enfant".

• Mar 29, 2012

This is a very slow movie. It really didn't have much of a scare factor at all. I mean don't get me wrong. It did have a little girl ghost and a couple other freaky ones, but not enough to give you nightmares. The movie did have a small build up and I was really hoping for a jam packed ending. But at the last 15 minutes of the film, it is as if they just; gave up. I was really confused. I actually found myself rewinding the movie because I thought I missed something. In the end though, the movie was uncomfortably silent in the dialog and story area. I could see this movie being really freaky if they just put it together right. I can't really tell if the cast was decent or not in the fact that their lines were so monotone. I will have to give credit to the little girl though. She had a little creepiness to her.

• Mar 29, 2012

One of the best in the genre and sadly overlooked due to its tv movie production.

• Nov 06, 2011

Certainly is slow like hell but even thought is a really outstanding film for a TV Movie. if you have watched some films of Kurosawa (Kiyoshi) you know what to expect, similar to Kairo or Loft. The acting is good and the plot a bit predictable but worth a watch.

• Nov 02, 2010

OMG so creepy. Cure>Seance>Retribution>Pulse

OMG so creepy. Cure>Seance>Retribution>Pulse

• Aug 10, 2010

Its nice to see, with all this "ring" and "grudge" ripoffs, a director who has the guts to do things his own way, and it mostly turns out great. This movie is not an exception. This chilling tales relies more on the story and characters than the actual ghosts which makes the movie alot more interesting. This way the tension buils up throughout the movie and the actual ghost parts of the movie becomes much more disturbing.

• May 24, 2010

Kurosawa treats composition and expectation almost interchangeably: when he fills the screen with negative space, you know there's no way it will end well. As a result this film, like his others, oozes creepy seemingly without effort. Yet by the end, the true horror comes not from ghosts, but from the characters' own defeated expectations and insecurities about their future. That's probably scarier.