Unconscious Reviews

• Aug 24, 2014

Intriguing plot twists keeps this film interesting. Movie info here is the wrong one!

• Jul 13, 2011

It's beautiful, it's funny, it's clever, it's engaging. I loved it. (The synopsis below, though, is incorrect and isn't for this film).

• Jun 18, 2011

I saw this film twice, and twice I don't get the fuss. Leonor Watling is so distractingly gorgeous as a pregnant woman there's no way one can pay attention to anything else. Luis Tosar is neither charming nor funny. Actually, that goes for all the characters. The suspense and pursuit of the truth seems such a boring drag. The story is divided into several chapters each unrelated to another and they all contribute to nothing but the obscenity in the hope of making it funny. Since when does one become Freudian simply by ridiculing sexuality, adultery and incest? There are at least 5 occasions when the penis size is the source of the so-called humour.... This is nothing but a Carry-On (which are immensely sillier and funnier) film in disguise.

• Jan 30, 2011

This is one of my favorite foreign films. Check it out if you like amelie, and films with comedic quirks, but heartfelt tone.

• Jul 09, 2009

Great Movie from Spain. Period Piece 1910s but with a Freudian intellectual sexual twist. Really its kind of a psychiatric literary murder mystery (who done it) with a missing person included. Very witty and comic. Certainly one of the best (if not the best) movie of 2004. I cannot find when it was released. Netflix says 2004 Rt says 2007. Not nominated for anything I know of but should have been. Plot is good and fast paced. ending you would never guess. fantastic cinematography. Clever Witty Comic Original. very good movie four stars maybe five. highly recommended.

• May 31, 2008

I loved this spanish farce, set in Barcelona in the early 20th century. I also Absolutely loved Luis Tosar and shall be looking out for other movies he has done.

• Apr 28, 2008

Occasionally funny Freudian farce. Game performances from the cast, but i found it hammered home the Freudian theme, and i didn't think the idea was as clever as it thought it was or that well executed.

• Apr 21, 2008

What can I say? I might be biased because I just absolutely LOVE LUIS TOSAR (mi amor eres el mejor actor en todo el cine espanol, mi vida, asi calvito te quiero jajaja) whom I fell in love with "Flores de otro mundo". This is an excellent movie! It explores many different things, it depends what you are looking for. I just found it so funny, smart, and quite thought-provoking with an unexpected taboo theme. I loved picturing 'la madre tierra' in that epoch; issues of homosexuality, primitive psichiatry, family relations are all in there. Watch it and love it!!!!!

• Apr 11, 2008

Fun and very Spanish...

Fun and very Spanish...

• Mar 29, 2008

Great Art Nouveau setting, I mean unbelievable interiors as a background to a meaningful comedy.