Anita & Me Reviews

• Feb 10, 2019

A nice little movie to chill to on a Sunday afternoon

A nice little movie to chill to on a Sunday afternoon

• Nov 26, 2013

I really enjoyed this movie. I was shocked, although already knowing from history books, how minorities were treated. I also liked the fact that Meena spent the whole film aspiring to be someone else, someone more acceptable to that generation, only to find that you have to be proud of who you are in order to love yourself.

• Mar 30, 2013

Quite funny & pretty charming :-)

Quite funny & pretty charming :-)

• Feb 06, 2013

An interesting and different film that was enjoyable and funny.

An interesting and different film that was enjoyable and funny.

• Jun 15, 2012

"I was the first person in this village to ingest a scallop. If that's what progress tastes like, you can keep it!"

• Apr 17, 2012

It's not a terrible entry into the comedy world by far, but "Anita & Me" simply glosses over violence and systematic racism too easily for it to ever mean anything. The performances are good, with some questionable Birmingham accents at some points, and the plot is nice and even, but it can't help the lack of entertainment and the feel of some minor exploitation.

• Apr 08, 2012

A surprisingly dull entry into a genré that usually provides films buzzing with charm and fun. It may inspire the occasional smirk, but far more often than not plays out like a pointless and predictable tale of growing pains. In all, 'Anita & Me' is an unoriginal waste of time.

• Feb 20, 2011

I adored this coming of age story along with the culture of India that it represented through the people. The music is fab, if you are a fan of that era. I adored how she Adored Anita, wanting to be a part of the Wenches, very cute Comedy, with a bit of Drama mixed in. :)

• Feb 04, 2010

Some really funny stuff in here but also so awkward bits. Nice to watch if you just need something light to occupy your mind while you are ill.

• Aug 03, 2009

A movie about the big, big things wrapped neatly into a movie about the small, real things. Charming, but next time, subtitles.