Mirrors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mirrors Reviews

½ July 29, 2016
I really liked it. Not scary at all. Just creepy.
April 22, 2016
Perhaps the ending has no sense this movie is entertaining.
February 24, 2016
Mirrors has an intriguing premise and contains appropriately gory visuals, but it's plot lacks any forms of logic in it's own rules and ultimately chickens out in it's conclusion.
½ February 4, 2016
There are a couple decent scares, and one scene in particular that is massively disturbing, but all in all, this is trash.
September 21, 2015
One really satisfying horror movie! Very underrated too! B+
½ September 3, 2015
Formulaic & too long.
August 10, 2015
What? Fails at scares, story and characters. The script is really sloppy and at times very dull...
At least it had an entertaining and somewhat creative 3rd act. Generic horror movie ehhhhhh..... whatever
½ July 27, 2015
Mirrors, Mirrors on the wall, what's the weirdest movie of all, well, not this one but it's close. What is it with Hollywood horror movies where everything has to be about ghosts or spirits, what happened to the good old horror movies where things just Happened and no one knew why or movies with psychos, No, everything is ghosts and i'm really getting tired of it, start making good horror movies again, I know, it's Hollywood and that's almost impossible.
July 26, 2015
An ok attempt at an original horror movie, falls flat due to Kiefer Sutherland crappy performance. But the Movie is still watchable.
May 16, 2015
I have been a big supporter of Alexandre Aja since his breakthrough film High Tension and his last film, the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. I was somewhat skeptical that Aja would make a good Asian horror film remake considering the fact that these films are usually crappy, PG-13 films which is definetly not Aja's style. I applaud that he finally made an Asian remake with gore, tension, and good visuals, but still the film has its flaws. Kiefer Sutherland is miscast and the film is pretty predictable. Hopefully, Aja go back to his origins and give the horror film audience a true thrill ride.
May 5, 2015
Well that's me dome looking in the mirror.

The story is about a ex-cop lands an odd job working as a security guard at a burnt down shopping center in New York City. The blaze killed dozens of people over 50 years ago and strange things have been happening since. When he starts seeing odd things in the mirrors he begins to look for answers. He has to find out why the fire was started and what the mirrors want from him before it is too late.

This movie can be scary and gross with the blood and gore, but it dose have it's dull and flat moments that sometimes made it hard to watch at times.
½ April 14, 2015
I'm not a big fan of this kind of horror movies with good effects and not really scary plot. The overall impression is poor and not interesting enough.. Just one more try in the horror genre, and it's going to be forgotten very fast... I will certainly not see the second part.. waste of time..
April 6, 2015
Kiefer Sutherland is one hell of an actor to bring to a film, just as long as he's able to leave his Jack "24" Bauer character at the door. In "Mirrors", Sutherland is in full Bauer mode and it's noticeable at times and takes you out of the movie a bit. The acting overall isn't anything to brag about and while the set up to this premise was very interesting and ropes you in, it lost its way the further it got and ended up very sloppy by the time the end credits showed. Cheap scares, lazy script writing and plot holes that include a twist ending that doesn't make much sense besides to throw a twist in for twists sake. Fans of the actor and popcorn horror flicks with some good gore might take something away from this but as for me, I doubt I'll see this films reflection again. D+
April 3, 2015
Not bad... not the best, but not bad.
January 19, 2015
I'm still confused about the ending did he die or not!?!?
January 9, 2015
I must be the only one who liked this movie. although the ending didn't pass the smell test.
January 4, 2015
Never saw the original. It began well but didn't finish well
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A horror thriller movie in the same spirit as The Eye and Grudge i would say. There are many similar movies out there and this flick deserves a place among the top ones. Kiefer Sutherland in the main role and fits quite decent in this genre actually. A few great scary scenes and some blood here and there with a nice story makes this one worth seeing.
½ December 26, 2014
"Mirrors" decides to take the mind bender route instead of hack and slash, however, it retains all the same problems. Sometimes the build up is decent but it always fails in delivery. The explanation of all the horrors in the mirrors is unimpressive and mildly confusing. There are even some basic film making mistakes. There's one scene where Sutherland and Patton are having a discussion and the camera is constantly shaking. Was there no tripod or a stack of books available? Overall "Mirrors" has almost nothing to offers and is one supernatural horror you'll want to miss.