The 11th Hour - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The 11th Hour Reviews

January 23, 2016
Highly recommended. Very insightful. Might change your view of energy consumption as well.
½ December 20, 2015
Too weird an ending.
October 12, 2015
A monumental film, full of serious footage and an inspiring message. The future is scary. Watch this.
May 28, 2015
Wake-Up Call! This ought to be shown in schools. Lots of talking-head material..but also some beautiful visual footage. It got me worried & inspired to do something.
March 18, 2015
Could be interesting . . .
½ October 7, 2014
Watch It Purely For The Quotes Of Upstandling, Admirable Individuals As They Lament The Inevitable Destruction Of Our Planet. Dragging Ourseleves Foolishly Toward Environmental Desegregation, Humanity Is Running Out Of Time To Slow-Down..Stop, Think..Change. A Good Companion Piece To 'An Inconvenient Truth' But More Directed At An MTV-Crowd Inquiry Then Ground-Breaking Investigative Journalism.
½ September 30, 2014
Provided interesting information from many renown ecosystem experts, but it was presented in a lacklustre manner.
September 18, 2014
challenging..But important
September 17, 2014
I am absolutely disgusted at reading the negative criticism from critics. This documentary is not scare tactic, it's the truth that going on in the world today. I'm a Political Science graduate, and studied energy policy and the negative effects inflicting the world and us. The truth needs to be exposed, and this film does it in its own way.
June 19, 2014
I have been taking an environmental biology course over the past few weeks and the title "The 11th Hour" came upon a recommendation and I decided to view it. "The 11th Hour" is a documentary that views the global environment and probable solutions to restore the planet's ecosystem.

Directed by Leila Conners (Leila Conners Peterson) and Nadia Conners and what they do well at with this documentary is how they have Leonardo DiCaprio (himself) do the narrations throughout the film. With DiCaprio being an environmental Conservation, he is vast with his information and facts that make captivating for a documentary.

As mentioned the film gearing on the environment, it is a film that I will say is quite honest, but that honesty is a bit overdone. The film does a variety of interviews with professors, writers, and environmentalist and for almost the whole ninety-five minutes of the film. They talk about how humans have hurt our environment. I do not have an issue with listening to that type of information in a documentary, just I would rather learn about more environmental issues rather than being told how we (humans) have hurt it.

The pro side about the film though is that it makes sense. Every day people have their routines of how they live their lives and have the typical habits that hurt our environment. Regardless of what we like, or dislike, people's daily habits will not change. You cannot help but wonder throughout "The 11th Hour."

"The 11th Hour" is not great, not horrible...just repetitive. A bunch of interesting facts relating to the environment, but all still ties back to making it seem like the focus is people hurting the environment. I watched it once, and do not see why I would need to watch it again.
½ January 7, 2014
Informative. Loved the cinematography.
½ December 27, 2013
I keep referring back to this documentary for Dr. David Suzki's comment in it that only learning to truly love will save humanity and possibly the planet.
September 5, 2013
Not as well-done as An Inconvenient Truth, but much more fast-paced.
May 22, 2013
This movie is a must see for very body who lives on this planet. With the world economy expanding as it is bringing pollution along with a combined lack of socially responsible leadership. This is a distress call for the environment and the future of our world is clear. A 10/10 is deserved for this film.
December 30, 2012
I love Leonardo Dicaprio so I will be sure to watch this
December 7, 2012
A documentary film in the style of an inconvieniant truth i assume. Might be worth waititng for the DVD.
November 27, 2012
An excellent look at what is happening to our world. A real wake up call.
November 7, 2012
Too busy firing out the blame rather than delivering anything interesting.
½ August 27, 2012
Its a good documentary

August 15, 2012
An interesting insight into how an economy based on renewable energy and resources could begin with actions you take after you finish reading my comment.