One Week Reviews

• Jun 27, 2018

One Week is a Canadian film about a man who has just been diagnosed with cancer and he decided to take a cross country ride to figure some things out. Many people claim that Canadian movies are boring and they have a point- this film tends to lag, there is something I cannot put my fingers on but the film seems dull. Joshau Jackson is competent though this isn't a role that requires charisma and energy- quite the opposite actually. The soundtrack is good and the scenery more than makes up for the proceedings. Give it a shot if you haven't seen Canadian films.

• Mar 27, 2016

Cheesy and cookie-cutter. Still put together well though and is probably the best Canada-appreciation movie out there.

• Feb 26, 2016

I love this movie. The story, the feelings it evokes. It's well-written, and Joshua Jackson does an exceptional job. The landscape and the music alone make my heart swell, being Canadian as all-get-out. This is a movie that everyone should see, in my opinion.

• Jan 16, 2016

One of my favorite Canadian films.

One of my favorite Canadian films.

• Dec 01, 2015

Reasonably enjoyable easy to watch and meaningful film.

Reasonably enjoyable easy to watch and meaningful film.

• Oct 05, 2015

The utterly boring and omnipresent voice-over of this film kills it.

The utterly boring and omnipresent voice-over of this film kills it.

• Jun 13, 2015

this is one of the best movies I've ever seen it connects me to my country and gives me pride, I think this movie perfectly describes Canada and it's essence

• Feb 17, 2015

sad but unlifting. and undeniably canadian

sad but unlifting. and undeniably canadian

• Jan 21, 2015

Inspiring. This movie is not for everyone. This movie is for those who enjoy reflecting on life. Ben Tyler, who has been diagnosed with a type of stage four cancer, decides to hit the open road instead of seeking treatment. Along the way, he meets several people that help him reevaluate his relationship with his fiancée Samantha, his job and his dream of becoming a writer.

• Dec 28, 2014