The Losers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Losers Reviews

November 16, 2017
I'm a Big action buff, so this movie is amazing. Wish more could be done with it, but characters and actors were awesome and perfect.
½ August 13, 2017
Although it is over the top, silly and a total guy movie...it is a huge amount of fun!!
½ June 28, 2017
Pretty entertaining action with some humor. Morgan is the man.
March 14, 2017
A weak adaptation with a remarkably talented cast.
January 11, 2017
As a work of art, it fails miserably. It didn't leave me asking any questions, nor did it leave me wanting to watch it again. However, it did entertain me, and sometimes that's all your after. While half of the entertainment may have come from Chris Evans' character, and the other half from reasonably tense action sequences, it entertained me none-the-less. This film tries to look like a comic book, lots of close ups, character view, and freezing shots. While in the first five minutes, which are great by the way, it seems more like a gimmick, as the film goes on, it gets more and more subtle. As for the story, it's very by the numbers, with a very unthreatening villain, and an obvious twist. The characters aside from Chris Evans are quite forgettable, more just tools to be used for action. If you're in the mood for cinematic junk food, you might enjoy it.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 29, 2016
Too bad it isn't better, given the talent involved onscreen.
½ November 8, 2016
The Losers has a colorful batch of characters and while they do have a clichéd story they still know how to fight and be funny at the same time.
½ October 19, 2016
65%
Saw this on 18/10/16
The thin story of the film is nullified as it is well made and its cast is terrific.
½ September 9, 2016
Based on a comic book, it is entertaining because of its over-the-top absurdity and rapid-paced action. There is no shortage of gun fights, explosions, and testosterone-fueled bravado.
July 11, 2016
The Losers is a clusterfuck of a bad plot, good acting, and clunky dialogue. While I definitely enjoyed parts of this one, there were just too many other parts that made me shake my head with confusion as to why that was even in this movie. It had its moments, but really struggled with a bad script, it's great cast and solid special effects really are the only highlights of it.
½ July 4, 2016
Dumb fun and lots of guns
June 8, 2016
Not the greatest but still good, loved the comic action feel.
May 27, 2016
Woof. Definition of a bad movie. Airplane vs motorcycle lmfao.
May 20, 2016
Moments that work, moments that don't, Losers feels like a great film that just didn't get the treatment it deserved.
April 27, 2016
This was a stylish and fun little action flick. I tend to enjoy Jeffrey Dean Morgan in most things I catch him in, so you'll perhaps have to forgive me for finding this to be enjoyable popcorn fare from the word go.

I freely admit that yes, it's silly and over the top, but it's meant to be a tongue in cheek action romp, not the next Oscar contender, sue me.

I'll definitely be checking out the comics upon which this was based.

Worth a rental at the very least.
½ April 19, 2016
Funny with action at times
½ April 4, 2016
only thing I didn't like about it is it leaves you hanging. Wonder if there would be a sequel... but considering this is 2016 & it was out 2010... you never know. good nonetheless
½ February 18, 2016
Sylvain White directs this movie with a lot of flash and appreciation for over-the-top cheese, but he also gets a lot of charisma and chemistry from his leads while creating a handful of fantastic action scenes.
January 15, 2016
From the get-go, you know you're in for a thrill ride. Great chemistry between the leads, over-the-top action and hilarious character interaction.

Chris Evans is perfect as the comic relief of all the bunch, while Idris Elba stands out and oozes cool.

Awful dialogue and a hammy Jason Patric let this film down. His character's attempts at wit just fall flat.

As long as you're not going to take this seriously, 'The Losers' is a great action film.