50 First Dates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

50 First Dates Reviews

April 21, 2017
Like groundhogs day, you can watch it over and over again. Personally, I love the Beach Boys song / scene.
March 6, 2017
Beautiful and playful
February 26, 2017
the Hawaiian scenery alone makes me love it.
½ February 26, 2017
It had some good ideas and funny premises - but the stupidity of the writing (not to mention Rob Schneider) really diminish its potential.
February 12, 2017
Evidently, noone reviewing this movie, ever watched it twice. Since no movie since 'Gone With the Wind' has been made to watch just once, this is critical malpractice. The "gross out" humor, mandatory in anything below an R rating, does nothing to to detract from the ingenuity of the plot. The depth of the humor is far to fast paced to be appreciated in one viewing. As you can tell I'm not a movie snob, I am willing to appreciate the effort put into any movie. The message in this movie is the indestructibility of true love, and making any situation workable.
½ February 10, 2017
This is my favorite Adam Sandler movie. Why? Because it's the one that uses the least amount of Adam Sandler cliches. It doesn't have an underdeveloped bull or a competition Sandler has to be better at for his grandma. It's just a tragic love story that works very well. Even thought it has a lot of problems, especially in the first third but then on it's surprisingly well done. The actors are all very good, the writing is actally heartbreaking at times and Rob Schneider isn't ear bleddingly annoying. It's a fun coedy when there'es nothing eles to watch or if your just in the mood.
½ February 4, 2017
The humor isn't as funny as it is in other Adam Sandler movies. It's still entertaining enough with an interesting concept, but it's not one of my favorites. (First viewing - Spring 2004 in theaters)
½ January 15, 2017
Sean Astin can flex his butt cheeks.
December 24, 2016
This film is so moving that I can't watch it without becoming emotional.
½ December 21, 2016
This movie is worse than the steriotypical cheesy rom-com. Much worse. Sandler is fed juvenile jokes and makes them infantile.
½ December 18, 2016
The movie is good at times. The movie is sad but very well put together. Adam is great. This isn't a movie that he is would normally play well in my opinion but he proved me wrong once again. He is one of the few actors who I guess really can play any role.. the small things in this movie are what are good.
December 18, 2016
Though the presence of Rob Schneider threatens to make the film awful, 50 First Dates manages to be one of the Happy Madison Productions' more sweet productions thanks to the great chemistry between Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, plenty of laughs and even a bit of drama to help make its relatively interesting premise work.
½ December 6, 2016
I didn't love it but it has some heart.
½ November 24, 2016
It's a pretty romantic love story when you really think about it, but of course that's often lost amongst the beginning of Sandler's unfunny phase. And why does Rudy have a lisp?
October 4, 2016
Better than most Sandler trash but nothing special.
September 29, 2016
Can I say..."meh"? It's funny. It's kind of a clever plot. But I think the movie won't have been better without Adam Sandler. He tries to be Charming and sometimes it works. But it's the same thing he does in all his movies.

Drew Barrymore delivered as excellent performance as the adorable girl whose memory resets every day of her life so that she forgets that the previous day ever happened.

I'd make a joke about wishing I had the same problem so I could forget I saw this movie. But I actually found it pretty enjoyable. I'd recommend it.
September 5, 2016
Great story is based on a true story!
½ August 27, 2016
Great movie really funny and such a good story
August 22, 2016
Best movie ever , could watch it over and over ??
August 13, 2016
I still enjoy watching this classic flick even after 50 first replays (poor pun, sorry). I still hum to the tune of "Forgetful Lucy," to this day.

The human mind is indeed a mystery. Despite limitations due to brain damage or so, our thoughts still relay a message even if we cannot seem to remember it.