50 First Dates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

50 First Dates Reviews

August 22, 2016
Best movie ever , could watch it over and over ??
August 13, 2016
I still enjoy watching this classic flick even after 50 first replays (poor pun, sorry). I still hum to the tune of "Forgetful Lucy," to this day.

The human mind is indeed a mystery. Despite limitations due to brain damage or so, our thoughts still relay a message even if we cannot seem to remember it.
½ July 24, 2016
Stupid. Drew Barrymore sucks!
½ July 18, 2016
The last decent thing Adam Sandler ever made.
June 29, 2016
I've always hated romantic movies, and I've never really enjoyed comedies (excluding Airplane, which remains one of the funniest movies I've ever seen). Needless to say, I wasn't particularly thrilled when my girlfriend told me she loved rom-coms. But after sitting through 50 First Dates with her, I don't think it'll be as hard as I thought to watch more in the future. True, it definitely wasn't a great movie. But it also wasn't as inherently awful as I assumed it would be. Most of the film's benefits come from the "rom" part of its genre. The chemistry between Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore is what carries the story. It's true that neither of the two are particularly good actors (Sandler especially), but the way the two interact is irresistible and adorable at times. Unfortunately, their chemistry and screen presence is about the only thing that keeps the movie going. Many of the supporting characters, particularly Barrymore's character's brother and Sandler's character's cousin are put on-screen to provide comic relief, which only sometimes works. Most of the time, it's awkward and gross. And the inclusion of Sandler's bi-sexual Russian co-worker often makes scenes uncomfortable and hard to watch, reminding audiences why Sandler's movies have gone downhill in the past decade. So, in that regard, its the "com" part of its genre that bogs the film down. Thankfully, 50 First Dates DOES give most of its focus to its lead characters, who provide an unorthodox love story. The movie's premise of a girl who has her memory reset every morning seems similar to Groundhog Day or the more recent Edge of Tomorrow is familiar, and led me to believe the movie would be very by-the-books. However, I was surprised at how unpredictable the story was, and even though I kept guessing at what I thought was going to be an obvious ending, I was proven (happily) wrong. In the end, 50 First Dates is a charming love story starring two actors that I thought I was going to hate in the role. The film's comedy tends to take away from the story, but otherwise it was a warm introduction for me into the world of rom-coms.
½ June 25, 2016
50 First Dates is another hilarious Adam Sandler movie and another romantic comedy by Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. This movie is hilarious and heartwarming. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 21, 2016
Sandler and Barrymore were apparently trying to recreate some of the gold they struck together with The Wedding Singer, but this one falls pretty flat. At times it is down right sad and depressing more than it is funny for Barrymore's character. Script is pretty bad although there are a few cracks here and there that are okay.
June 10, 2016
good comedy with romance that couples or family can enjoy. Main guy from Rudy flexing all the time along with pot smoking, dolphin trainer Rob Schneider help drew and adam turn the film into 5star classic. Instead of taking advantage of Barrymore that forgets everything prior to an accident, Sandler thinks outside the box to not only win her heart daily but keep her forever.
June 5, 2016
A surprisingly good film.
½ May 11, 2016
So freakin' likable. A bumbling bachelor falls in love with a woman with short-term memory loss, so he must remind her of their relationship every day. The reveals of Lucy's dad and brother painstakingly recreating the day of her accident and Lucy painting Henry's face from her dreams despite not remembering him are quite touching.
April 9, 2016
it's not juice...its a protein shake.
April 1, 2016
Here we are another classic Sandler rom-com full of his funnly loving Sandler charm we all miss and love. This time lets go to Hawaii and stumble across Lonely Womanising (Sandler) find love in Drew Barrymore, a cute charming young lady and the 2 hit it off more than The Wedding Singer, but one problem is that she has a one day memory and now full of love Sandler has to charm her and win her full on in anytime he can. It's such a funny and charmingly romantic flick with the moral of never giving up on the things you love. Purely amazingly beautiful film and I thought it was one of Sandler's best (well there isn't much anymore). Groundhog Day meets the wedding singer, where have the good times gone of Sandler's finest.
March 29, 2016
This movie was absolutely amazing. Its a definite romantic comedy with adam sandlers funny jokes. I loved this movie it has a beautiful plot to it and amazing acting. Overall probably one of my top favorite movies ever. If the movie can make you laugh, cry, and think then it's already amazing.
March 26, 2016
Good film, Sort of different I suppose, Again it started off funny but switches from comedy to romance and that's when I lose interest.
½ March 26, 2016
It's no "Wedding Singer"...
½ March 21, 2016
Excellent, despite containing Sandler and Barrymore.
½ February 27, 2016
Anybody else have short term memory loss?
February 27, 2016
Not the best movie I have seen better movies with Adam Sandler the swan just was not as funny and interesting to me
February 19, 2016
A sweet little film about an unconventional relationship. The first 15-20 minutes of this film really suck, the story takes forever to get going, but once Lucy and Henry start 'dating', it picks up, it's funny and enjoyable. I really like his 'forgetful Lucy' song.
February 17, 2016
Just dreadful but still one of Adam Sandler's better movies. There is a sweet idea here and even if they didn't want to make a depressing film about memory loss, a breezy romantic comedy could have worked but it's bastardized by Sandler's typical brand of PG13 raunch and dopey supporting characters.