96 Minutes Reviews

• Dec 16, 2015

A decent little indie drama showing a carjacking from both the victim and perpetrator point of view. It all comes together with the downfall of a young man who was trying to do right, but was hanging with the wrong people at the wrong time.

• Jul 28, 2015

96 minutes is a story of two boy from the poor side of town and their fatal collision one night with two privileged girls in a carjacking gone wrong. There isn't much to say about this one; its got a Crash vibe to it where it analyzes people in a sociological aspect, often using flashbacks. Unlike Crash however, these sequences are abrupt and choppily placed in the movie and it could get disorienting. My main criticism is the poor acting jobs. Brittany Snow is adaquet, but the real weakness is the two male leads. Evan Ross at times is okay, but he often delivers his dialogue in a forced manner. Trautmann portrays am obnoxious wannabe gangster, and he could be absolutely terrible, constantly yelling and spitting words as he tried to talk tough, making him difficult to understand. It was just a tedious film overall, despite not the poorest of setups regarding suspension building. I was too annoyed to care about the film and it wasn't as intelligent as I hoped.

• Jun 10, 2015

I thought that the switching from the car jacking to the previous hours was very brilliant !

• Oct 20, 2014

when people make bad decisions they comeback to bite them. looking hard will get u in the yard. decent portrayal of a real life night gone horribly wrong

• May 10, 2014

i think its ironic that a picv called 96 minutes is only 93 minutes long. didnt care 4 this 1

• Feb 15, 2014

They're not where you're from, they're from where you've been. Two kids from the wrong side of the tracks and broken homes are trying to make the best of life. One kid tries to do better through school and education and the other kid tries to join a gang and prove himself. The good kid tries to convince the other kid to change his life, but he gets caught in the middle of a bad situation that will impact their lives forever. "None of your business is where I've been, you little bitch." Aimee Lagos, who worked on the A Man Apart and Big Fish projects, delivers 96 Minutes in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is very compelling and even better knowing that it is a true story about some kids in St. Louis. I loved how it all unfolded and the acting was way better than I anticipated. The cast includes Brittany Snow, Evan Ross, David Oyelowo, Anna Enger, Christian Serratos, and J. Michael Troutmann. "You took something from me I'll never have back. I hate you." I was actually surprised I liked this movie so much. I really liked the way each character's story is told and even the subplots of the uncle and nephew was fascinating and well presented. Overall, this is a current coming of age drama that is definitely worth your time and a must see. "Don't kiss her so hard you'll scare her." Grade: B+/A- (8.25)

• Jan 31, 2014

i did not enjoy the fact that the movie was not 96 minutes in run time

i did not enjoy the fact that the movie was not 96 minutes in run time

• Jan 29, 2014

Tense, dramatic and on occasion powerful - there's a lot of energy in the performances which is mostly of the nervous type which befits the scenario depicted. Ultimately it's a downbeat watch.

• Aug 28, 2013

If there was a movie to show the true life of being "gangster" is like. This would be the movie. This movie does not glorify it. This movie does not make it look like fun. This movie shows what it really it is. A young ex gang member who has things changing for him in a positive way gets himself caught up while trying to protect his sociopath cousin from falling into the "gangster" life. While trying to show his cousin a better life. His cousin decides to commit the act of initiation by car jacking a car and shooting a young student in the head and taking her friend as hostage in the car. The ex gangster must now make a decision on what to do. The movie while being low budget is well done. Good acting..powerful moments and a great lesson to be taught to the youth. Did I mention this is also a true story? Not something to watch over and over again but def worth a one time watch.

• Aug 28, 2013