The Truth (A Dark Truth) Reviews

• Oct 19, 2015

good political actioner/thriller

good political actioner/thriller

• Sep 17, 2015

This movie reveals details about the way corporate America exploits natural resources in South America and abroad, manipulating everyone with money while disregarding the lives of the local community.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Aug 27, 2015

Imagine talking to Martin Sheen for an hour. Oy vey. Well,that's how this liberal-intentions-and-heart-on-its-sleeve action pic plays out as a super big corporation ruthlessly slaughters a village to secure the water rights. Whitaker and Longoria play a Greenpeace activists on the scene who know the truth the coporation is trying to hide, Garcia is a reporter trying to find out what the truth is, and it takes so long to get to the action that you won't care how right (or how Left) anyone is. Wait for a rainy day.

• Mar 01, 2015

I watched the movie and I liked it. The best part of that movie is the content. Even when it is not based on a true story, it happens. Currently, Ecuador is fighting a canadian-american company that made a mess in the jungle. Brazilian aboriginals in the jungle are also disappointed with cutting trees and making a mess with the water they drink from the rivers. So I guess the movie made the point for me.

• Feb 17, 2014

The movie jumped around too much. Some great actors but sometimes a bunch of great actors together do not make a great movie. Storyline could have been oscar worthy but somewhere the direction and production went to hell.

• Jan 27, 2014

This truth is the same the world over. What to do. I don't know :(

This truth is the same the world over. What to do. I don't know :(

• Nov 26, 2013

Not All Bad. Probably Would Of Been Better Had It Been Based On True Events..Maybe A Sign Of Things To Come. For Now..It's Just Hyped-Up Hollywood Hogwash.

• Nov 09, 2013

A very bad action movie, with a more than preventable plot and with a good cast that doesn't do anything to elevate the level of the movie.

• Sep 21, 2013

The only truth that this film should have been investigating is why two of the female characters had really bad plastic surgery. If Deborah Unger and Lara Daans had appeared on the screen during the scenes set in Ecuador you would have swore you were watching a David Attenborough wildlife documentary on baboons.