A Silent Voice (Koe no katachi) Reviews

• 5d ago

it was amazing! very emotional and well done. the art is beautiful, the concepts are great and well executed. so good!

• 5d ago

It was okay, beautiful story though

It was okay, beautiful story though

• Aug 17, 2019

Welp. I almost cried. This is a beautiful film about the choice of life and our potential.

• Aug 12, 2019

I was surprised how amazing this movie is. It sends a message of how precious life is.

• Aug 10, 2019

Probably the best drama i've seen all year i really recommend it

Probably the best drama i've seen all year i really recommend it

• Aug 03, 2019

So many emotions coming from an anime movie... it is just perfect. Amazing movie.

• Jul 27, 2019

The movie have a big sentimental side during the storytelling. It has a prevention message about the bullying. It shows us what can happen after the action you committed on someone on you and the victim. Sadly, I can give the ultimate note because it missing something for me to be an absolute masterpiece. In general, this movie is a must-see for the sentimental lovers.

• Jul 27, 2019

It was a truly touching movie that moved me. An amazing coming of age film based on the manga of the same name. Kyoto Animation really went out of their way making this film. It is phenomenal and I am glad I had the opportunity to see it.

• Jul 24, 2019

Very Emotional Movie and absolutely beautiful animations. 10 out of 10

Very Emotional Movie and absolutely beautiful animations. 10 out of 10

• Jul 20, 2019

It started off a little slow for me, but that's basically an accurate depiction of how our lives pass by on a day-to-day basis. As the movie went on I became more and more impressed by the multiple dynamics that were layered in the film. The story follows a young boy who was once bullied and thus became an expert in bullying others shortly after, especially a completely deaf classmate. However, Naoko Yamada brilliantly displays the complexities of a child who is still growing, still learning, and therefore uncertain about what role he should play. The group of classmates that he interacts with the most are also the ones that showcase different negative responses to the darker sides of reality, i.e Miss Shoko Nishimiya and her inability to hear. There are many characters in this movie, however Yamada is able to perfectly illuminate the bad characteristics in each person and the growth it can undergo. The more archetypes, the more relatable the movie spreads out to be. But what became my favorite point of the film was how the personal obstacles in one's life, (all very different yet equal in their hindrance), had the power to make one give up. Growing up as a teen who hated herself and her life, I could strongly resonate with the feelings of thinking it'd be better to rid this world of someone as troublesome as myself. This movie shows the importance of self-kindness, courage, friendship, forgiveness, and appreciating love in any of its many ways.