Adventures of Power Reviews

• Jul 02, 2018

My wife and I found this comedy to be very silly, but very endearing. I was initially interested to see it because I'm a Rush fan, but I enjoyed the jokes (even the silly ones) and I really appreciated the backdrop of the New Mexico miners' strike. Several member reviews felt that having the strike as a backdrop to the plot didn't serve either the comedy aspect of the film or the "serious" aspect, but I actually feel that it was effective.(Coincidentally, my wife had recently rented "Salt of the Earth," and - perhaps significantly - neither of us were able to sit through it.) The relationship between the hero and the deaf heroine is actually pretty moving, as well as the fact that the hero, although laughable to many, finds friends among underdogs, everywhere he goes. This is a fun, silly film that entertains and, if you're willing to let the film work on you, offers messages about empowering yourself and fighting with whatever tools you have (which, by the way, is the theme of many Rush songs).

• Sep 17, 2017

I loved this movie! Definitely very goofy, but a very heartwarming story about a man who stands up for himself and his town and shows people what you can do when you believe in yourself.

• Dec 29, 2016

Wanted to stop watching after 5 min. Kept watching, but absolutely had to stop watching after 17 min. Horrible.

• Sep 09, 2014

This movie is so dumb it's great. I always air drum, screw air guitar, long live the air drums!

• Oct 25, 2013

A film proving that some things need to be taken to really secluded dark place, which are preferably locked, from the outside. Photography is startlingly rich in its composition and lighting, giving an industrial air to the movie. Well acted the film is so odd that it is worth the watch just so that one can admire the world of the dork. Nibbles: Chinese Noodle Soup.

• Jan 05, 2013

Gold places his fond comedy in the '80s with all the cinematic skill of early MTV.

• Jun 23, 2012

I don't really care what everyone else thinks, I liked it...If you didn't like it you probably forgot how to relax and have a good time. It might make you want an afro, or a bowl of cereal, or zebra print wall paper, or a head band...but it won't make you want to punch somebody. Even with a deaf girl and an air drummer it still has a kick ass sound track. :) I don't need drums, I am drums~ Power :)

• May 10, 2012

• Apr 30, 2012

Dumbest movie ever to exist.

Dumbest movie ever to exist.

• Feb 19, 2012