Alien - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Reviews

April 15, 2018
A great example of what the older movies can do with special effects and a group of talented actors. Sci-fi horror done right
April 11, 2018
Hands down my favorite Sci-Fi of all time. "Alien" literally puts you in the shoes of the Nostromo crew and brings you on their journey through hell. By the end of the movie you're left thinking about life outside of Earth, and just how terrifying it could be.
April 9, 2018
Alien(1979) is still the greatest horror movie ever made
½ April 4, 2018
A pretty unique film that adds a lot of interesting scientific elements into a somewhat horror film otherwise.
April 4, 2018
The best science fiction horror film ever made. End of discussion.
½ April 1, 2018
It says Alien because the Alien has a screentime of no more than 4 minutes
March 27, 2018
Eight passenger of Nostromo.
March 23, 2018
The movie builds up the tension and it has some pretty spooky scares.
March 17, 2018
One Of My All-Time Favorite Movies.
Alien Is Scary, Superbly Directed And Acted And Really Is That Movie That I Can Watch Again And Again And Still Love it. A Classic
March 15, 2018
Perfect sci-fi horror creates unique intensity and atmosphere along with one of the scariest monsters ever.
½ March 14, 2018
While this movie starts off slower than I would like it to, it is still beautifully shot and pays off in the end. This is the one that started them all. and it still looks amazing in high definition!
March 11, 2018
This movie is a cinematic masterpiece. The strategic filmmaking process Scott uses in this film keeps the audience on the edge of their seats and biting their nails in suspense. Horror movies of today may take note of the genius way that Scott keeps the fear of the movie constant without need for cheap jump-scare tactics or throwaway moments. Alien is completely suspenseful and frightening throughout the entire runtime and will have you obsessed with its lore and in-universe details by the end of the film
½ March 5, 2018
A brilliant piece of filmmaking and storytelling, this is still as good as when I first saw it 30 years ago.
February 28, 2018
Esta peli es una obra maestra, se siente creíble en todo momento, a diferencia de la nueva entrega (Alien Covenant), nos presenta un espacio vacío oscuro y sinuoso ideal para una pelicula de terror espacial.
February 23, 2018
Wonderfully atmospheric, a timeless classic. Yes the plot is simple but the execution is masterly. No dazzling special effects here as they're not needed. The film captures the silence, emptiness, and loneliness of space memorably and at the same time fills it with the inescapable horror and fear of being trapped in this emptiness with a deeply malevolent, unknown entity. It's not so much a monster but a force of terrifying evil made all the more frightening by the fact that you mostly only get brief glimpses of it and that it does not speak or give any clues as to its origins, feelings, or purpose. It is the most alien of all alien screen creations. Only (quite big) disappointment for me occurs at the very end when the full form of the creature is momentarily revealed - clearly a man in a monster suit, not dissimilar to the one in the Creature from Black Lagoon. Shame they did that - it wasn't necessary.
½ February 22, 2018
A well rounded blend of action and suspense. The use of the various camera angles combined with the glorious score amounts to a great deal of suspense, although the alien doesn't get the most amount of screen time you still get the feeling that it is there from start to finish. Overall a well thought out and executed movie.
½ February 21, 2018
Alien is a Sci-fi classic that blends sci-fi and horror to make an amazing film! It gives a great lead performance by Sigourney Weaver that made her career. It's incredibly suspensful with a decent amount of frightening moments but it all makes the movie what it is. Ridley Scott surely knows how to build tension throughout the course of the movie and and the visual effects are all outstanding. The xenomorph is one of the most iconic sci-fi/horror figures of all time and is definitely still creepy today!
February 17, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 17, 2018
A masterpiece from the 80s. The story, the implementation, the sets and above all the special (handmade) effects, timeless and decades ahead. Look, they are better than today's CGI and it's over 30 years. At that time we were much more surprised by such film pearls than today. I prefer watching the old movies more often than today's. It is missing today the movies heart and love to the film.
½ February 16, 2018
Saw this movie when I was 11 years old, scared the hell out of me, and still hasn't lost any of it's suspense and grit.