Alien - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Reviews

½ August 16, 2017
With superb direction and a sparing use of HR Giger's legendary creature design, Scott has created an incredibly suspenseful atmosphere that has you on the edge of your seat for the full 2 hour running time. The fantastic cast, set design and lighting contribute greatly to the feel of the movie, all of which comes together to really pack a powerful punch and leaves you with one of the best sci-fi/horror mashups of all time. And maybe a few nightmares, too.
August 16, 2017
If you have not seen this film then shame on you. A movie that stands
the test of time. A true sci-fi horror film that for some reason no
film can compete with. I just don't understand how this film was made
in 1979. Everything about it is perfect. It looks amazing, sounds
amazing and feels amazing. The alien creature is by far the most iconic
ever put to film. Sigorney Weaver shows the audience that a female can
handle a lead role in any action type movie. I am struggling to put
into words how good this film is. The story will hook you instantly.
The lead characters are acted so well and the aliens look so real that
it blows my mind every time I watch it. A perfect film from start to
finish!
August 15, 2017
A well done and tense horror/thriller in space, though it's lost the scariness it had upon first release due to some of the dated effects, and has no character development at all (just thought I'd point that out, because it's really pissing me off that people continuously complain about the lack of character development in the new Alien Covenant)
August 10, 2017
Amazing plot and actors I really loved the design of the aliens and spaceship and is wanna of my favorite suspense thriller movie I've ever watched
½ August 9, 2017
Very good movie. A sci-fi classic.
Rating: 8.9/10.
August 9, 2017
even if you dont like sci fi, you will be thrilled seeing this. There is nothing like alien and aliens(sequel).
½ August 8, 2017
Masterfully builds suspense with a swift blend of horror/ Sci-Fi. Ridley Scott's ambitious Sci-Fi is a modern classic masterpiece.
August 8, 2017
Can't say much more 'One of the best movies ever made'
August 8, 2017
An elegant science-fiction horror, Alien is ingeniously designed, brilliantly plotted and superbly paced. The visual scares are heightened in no small way by a chilling score. What could just have been a great monster movie has an extra layer added by some great, ambiguous characters that keep us guessing what are the motivations and concerns of each of the crew. This is heightened by a strong cast who have a great, rapport and the friction between these very real seeming people as they trying to deal with an unearthly situation provides much of the film's magic. There are couple of nit-picking distractions in places, but for intense, memorable experiences, Alien is pretty much perfection.
August 1, 2017
I personally love alien simply due to its excellent character and threat development. Straight off the film masterfully presents a set of realistic and relatable characters all well fleshed out in their own right all in the space of an hour! At this point it doesn't take long for Ellen Ripley to solidify herself as the audience character. You can just feel as though Ridley Scott has thought every little bit of dialogue and every millisecond of every shot through thoroughly. This is a masterpiece of masterpieces that everyone should have the pleasure to appreciate
August 1, 2017
Ridley Scott direction and Sigourney Weaver's performance make "Alien" one of the most shocking movies ever, it's frightening, scary and keep you at the edge of the seat. A cult movie.
July 26, 2017
This movie is a classic!!! GREAT JOB RIDLEY SCOTT!!! Sigourney Weaver, YOU'RE AN AMAZING ACTRESS!
July 24, 2017
Alien, directed by Ridley Scott. Explores the futuristic realms of Space, with great performances from Sigourney Weaver, and crew. Alien tests the moral principles of right from wrong, as the inner beings fall apart from the inside to out. With just enough scenery, scare, and action. Alien has implemented itself into an instant classic.
July 20, 2017
"Its structural perfection is matched only its hostility."
Fewer words. #8 years later, I still can depend on one
July 20, 2017
This movie is the ideal monster movie turned into an alien movie, it will horrify you, and confuse you over the alien's physique and ability to grow
½ July 18, 2017
Never a single moment in this movie that is not interesting, where there is great dialogue, great acting, and a great ending. Highly recommended
July 17, 2017
Alien is a timeless masterpiece, the best sci-fi horror film and one of the finest blockbusters of all time. Ash the android is such a great character as is Ripley of course who is so well played by Sigourney Weaver in her most famous role. The film is mysterious and atmospheric in its first half and so intense and creepy in the second half. The direction, acting, story and thrills, brilliant editing and amazing special effects all add to such an unforgettable experience.
July 16, 2017
One of the greatest sci-if horror films of all time, Alien is set in space, where 7 people find out about a transmission. One of them is attacked by a creature and eventually, an alien comes out of his chest. The rest are killed, except Ripley, who is the sole survivor and Ash, who turns out to be behind the death of Kane. The film stars Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Veronica Cartwright, Harry Dean Stanton, John Hurt, Ian Holm and Yaphet Kotto and the film itself is directed by Ridley Scott and the Xenomorph was created by H.R. Giger.
July 11, 2017
The horror movies of the 1970s started a new generation of horror which 1st started off with movies like The Exorcist, The Texas chainsaw massacre, Jaws, The Omen, and Carrie. But there was one movie that made room for 1979 and saved the 70s horror movies, Alien. Ridley Scott's terrific classic film tells the story about these people who are in a space and get a distress and violent call from an alien vessel. The terror begins when they find out that there are thousands of eggs from unidentified species in the ship with them. As soon as they find out about this, a mysterious creature latches itself on to one of the crew members and the crew tries to release it off of his face. Eventually, the creature releases itself and dies with the member unharmed. As the rest of the film progresses, the crew finds out that they're not the only ones in the ship when these in particular deaths occur to the crew one by one from these monstrous unknown species and they have to think of a way to stick together and survive from these monsters.
July 10, 2017
One of my favorite movies ever. More horror than sci-fi, it worked on me partially due to my claustrophobia.