Analyze This - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Analyze This Reviews

May 1, 2016
A fairly goofy comedy that is not to be taken seriously. I found some of it funny, but probably wouldn't bother watching it again. (First and only full viewing - 4/19/2015)
½ April 8, 2016
You'd think that a project featuring such names as "De Niro," "Crystal," and "Ramis" wouldn't possess such a glaring deficit of genuine laughs. But, somehow, "Analyze This" defies the odds, delivering the audience a plateful of undercooked and underseasoned jokes, fueled by half-hearted performances and a truly lame third act. I honestly expected so much more.
½ March 26, 2016
Ohh this is soooo funny. I saw this movie after years and cracked up completely. I was on the floor. I love the two characters, the dialogues, and the ingenuity of the situation. A must must watch if you haven't watched it before!
½ November 15, 2015
Robert De Niro and Billy Crystal in a very funny comedy. De Niro is a mafia crime boss who comes to the realization that all of the stress of being a bad guy has caused him to get panic attacks, and he searches out and has secret sessions with Crystal, who's a shrink. He's hilarious and perfect in this role. And Billy Crystal plays the standard Billy Crystal character, who is more of a straight man for De Niro. My only problem with this is the story is kinda boring after a while. But nevertheless it's watchable and funny. Although I'm really not a fan of Lisa Kudrow, and she played her standard, kind of ditsy plastic character who is never funny.
½ September 26, 2015
It's no wonder that The Sopranos used it's "Mobster goes to a shrink" plot device for dramatic effect, as a comedy it's a little one note.
July 30, 2015
Balancing comedy and aspects of a gangster movie into a drama works wonders with Crystal and DeNiro making a surprisingly dynamic on-screen duo.
July 26, 2015
Odd seeing De Niro so emotional. Good moments.
May 20, 2015
DeNiro and Crystal really elevate this movie with DeNiro in particular shinning through.
May 10, 2015
Pas embarqué, pas terminé...
March 14, 2015
The quirkiness becomes a bit overbearing and the movie recycles some of its own gags along the way. Still entertaining nevertheless.
March 1, 2015
There ARE a few missed opportunities, but Analyze This really is a fun outing and its stars work together hilariously.
December 29, 2014
"Analyze This" es la película que por fin permite que Robert DeNiro salga avante en una comedia. DeNiro deconstruye sus papeles de gánster en "Goodfellas", "Mean Street" y "Casino" (e inclusive sus personajes de "Raging Bull" y "Taxi Driver") para hacernos reír a carcajadas interpretando a un mafioso con una crisis emocional. Billy Crystal es también muy gracioso como el psicoanalista que a regañadientes lo somete a terapia, pero es la sólida dirección de Harold Ramis ("Groundhog Day") la que merece una mención especial.
November 25, 2014
maybe... just cause of bobby de niro
October 1, 2014
De esas películas sencillas que siempre divierten
August 10, 2014
If you like mobster movie and you wish it the mix comedy with it, your dream has come true.
July 12, 2014
It works because its two stars are having so much fun and make the material better than it should.
July 7, 2014
More nostalgic win. All the mob cliches and stereotype references are funny, and the writing is still strong. Forget about it.
½ July 6, 2014
Mafia Blues est un film plutôt sympathique grâce à une mise en scène efficace d'Harold Ramis qui parvient à faire cohabiter Robert de Niro et Billy Crystal dans une comédie qui repose sur le cabotinage des deux acteurs, bouffeurs de pellicule. Le film pourrait être un classique s'il tentait un peu de sortir des sentiers battus et de sa blague initiale. Clairement, le film d'Harold Ramis raconte une longue blague unique pendant 1h50 et si cela pourrait suffire à n'importe quel autre film, il y a tellement de potentiel ici qu'on ne peut qu'être un peu déçu à la fin (surtout que le dernier acte est un peu bâclé).
½ July 3, 2014
Impressed by this movie, because when it first came out I thought it was gonna flop but I just have one piece of advice, Do Not Watch The Sequel, it's beyond horrible and completely unnecessary
June 25, 2014
Overrated but it is genuinely funny and de nirois wonderful