Annie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Annie Reviews

September 2, 2017
To be honest I barely don't remember this movie very well but it was not my favorite
August 9, 2017
The original Annie film is a giant pile of sentimental crap...and I love every second of it. Unlike the 2014 remake (No, Cameron Diaz! No!), it captures the Broadway show by letting the scenes play out naturally, on a big scale, with lots of cast members and tons of fun choreography. And it's all just plain fun; funny (getting rid of bomb), well-toned (Burnett is wonderfully awful), bubbly (singing with President), and affecting (I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING!).
August 4, 2017
If only Annie was my kid!
July 5, 2017
Annie is definitely the greatest musical movie of all time. I absolutely love this movie. The actors and actresses were fantastic. The songs were perfect and the dancing was amazing. Aileen Quinn was the perfect choice for Annie. She portrayed Annie perfectly. This is a classic that is definitely in my top 5 of favorite movies ever.
May 1, 2017
Not for me to old fashioned and I'm not a fan of that
April 10, 2017
A true 80's Classic!
March 18, 2017
It is an amazing and awesome movie
½ March 4, 2017
Aileen Quinn did not have the musical talent to play music. John Huston ruined the sweet, optimistic attitude of the movie, presenting a darker, depressive view of the show. The movie is not true to the Broadway award winning version, with additional songs added that dragged the whole show down. Albert Finney was horrible, a screacher with no musical talent.
½ December 2, 2016
Whilst the odd directorial choice of John Huston might be a turnoff, Annie is a charmingly youthful family flick.
August 26, 2016
A few of the songs seem a little unnecessary and the movie does run a bit too long. But other than that, "Annie" is a pretty pleasant musical.
August 17, 2016
Fun, heartwarming adaptation of the popular character Annie, an orphan who brings cheers to all of those around her except Miss Hannigan (Carol Burnett in a memorable performance), the orphanage's flirty drunk caretaker. This movie is fun for the entire family.
June 30, 2016
still hands down the best version of this oft told tale
June 20, 2016
To old-fashioned and was not a fan of this movie Annie. Other people may like it. But not me I could sleep when I watch this movie
½ April 23, 2016
Annie is a fun, comical, family friendly musical movie, that was based off the 1977 Broadway production. The Broadway production was based off of the Little Orphan Annie comic strip that was started back in 1924, which unfortunately ended in 2010. It is obvious why many people love Annie. Everyone loved it so much that the comic strip lasted 86 years! It's a loving, inspiring, cheerful movie. It leaves you feeling happy as you sit back and cheer for Annie as she goes through life with an optimistic attitude as she sings "The sun will come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on 'till tomorrow, come what may! Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, you're only a day away!"
April 15, 2016
I grew up with this and it will always have a place in my heart. There's a certain raunchiness to this though that seemed out of place.
April 13, 2016
It's everyone's dream to belong somewhere. To know exactly where you fit into the world. Not everyone does and sometimes even knowing where you do fit in, life can be overwhelming.

The theme of this movie is hope. Hope that no matter what you'll find a way out. Hope that no matter what, you'll find that place where you belong. Hope that if you just keep going soon you'll be rewarded. That may sound like a childish view of the world, but come on it's from a child's view of life. And when you think about it, it's only impossible because we as a culture of adults say, "no the world is terrible." Maybe if we all looked at things a little more simple, then the world wouldn't have to be so ruff after all.
April 9, 2016
This is a great 80's children's movie! I saw this when I was 5 when it first came in theatres, now 34 years later, watching it on TMC and I'm still loving it! "Haters gonna hate cuz they never lived a hard-knocks life!" The cast and crew made a memory that will be enjoyed for past and future generations!
March 26, 2016
Proof that film critics should not always be trusted. This is a far better movie and deserves a much better ratings. As a child this movie is bound to be a favourite, as a grown up you remember how much you loved it. It might not be the most innovative musical, or one that follows a typical, orthodox musical story line, but it' an honest, fun to watch movie that hits the nail on the head.
½ December 20, 2015
Súper Good!!! Great Music!!! and acting!! One of the best movies I ever saw
November 15, 2015
A movie I've always loved through and through