Annie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Annie Reviews

½ September 23, 2017
Would rather slowly pry off all my toenails one by one than view this film again
September 2, 2017
I'm all for this movie it is a well done remake of the movie I enjoyed watching this a lot!
August 8, 2017
You know I think this was a good remake of Annie!
½ July 4, 2017
The movie was fun, exciting, and heartwarming! Although it's a remake, this is the kind of modern-day film which others will smile about! However,
May 28, 2017
Really enjoyed it. haven't seen the original, so didn't really know the storyline, but quite enjoyed this film.
May 26, 2017
Not as good as the first, but not bad.
April 15, 2017
Great modern day take on a classic childhood musical! Fun film for the family!
March 7, 2017
Ehhh...I don't think this film was very necessary, especially since I didn't like it much. I prefer the Disney made-for-television version, mainly because that's the one I grew up with. The cast is likeable and casting Cameron Diaz as Ms. Hannigan was spot on. Jaime Fox as Mr. Stacks was alright. The acting is...alright. Annie is a bit annoying in this movie to me, and I felt that a lot of the comedy was a bit forced, but I laughed at times. The story was also pretty predictable, and it had subplots that weren't necessary, such as Annie not knowing how to read and Ms. Hannigan's romance between a restaurant owner. They just weren't needed. I also wasn't fond of the fact that the film took place in the present day. I just felt it wasn't necessary. However, I will say that the musical numbers are pretty good. I really enjoyed them. Final verdict: it's not one of the worst films in the world, but it just didn't do it for me, like lots of people.
½ March 3, 2017
Cheesy, good in spots.
February 28, 2017
love it
i really want to see this so bad and every where i go i cant cause it wont let me
February 26, 2017
Humiliating to watch. If you want to watch Annie, screw this one and watch the 1982 film.
February 8, 2017
This movie was funny, clever and had great song remakes! Start thinking outside the box people.
February 5, 2017
They should just stop remaking these older movies. This sucked.
½ January 28, 2017
Y esto es el resultado de una buena historia y es que a pesar de lo mala que sea la película encuentras motivos para verla.
January 28, 2017
Love this version and love the new version of It's a hard knock life.
½ January 9, 2017
I was expecting with the cast and an already established story, this movie would be a smooth, feel good flick. However, the movie just seemed awkward/forced. Most of the characters were caricatures which was distracting, and the movie kept wanting to become a broadway movie show, but didn't fully commit to that. The Annie and Grace characters really kept the spirit of the movie up, but overall it was not as energizing as it should have been.
January 2, 2017
This Annie was better than the others.
January 1, 2017
I love this movie so much
½ December 29, 2016
original is way better..... but still liked it
½ December 26, 2016
best remake of a classic that I have seen. I enjoyed this movie entirely