Annie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Annie Reviews

April 15, 2017
Great modern day take on a classic childhood musical! Fun film for the family!
March 7, 2017
Ehhh...I don't think this film was very necessary, especially since I didn't like it much. I prefer the Disney made-for-television version, mainly because that's the one I grew up with. The cast is likeable and casting Cameron Diaz as Ms. Hannigan was spot on. Jaime Fox as Mr. Stacks was alright. The acting is...alright. Annie is a bit annoying in this movie to me, and I felt that a lot of the comedy was a bit forced, but I laughed at times. The story was also pretty predictable, and it had subplots that weren't necessary, such as Annie not knowing how to read and Ms. Hannigan's romance between a restaurant owner. They just weren't needed. I also wasn't fond of the fact that the film took place in the present day. I just felt it wasn't necessary. However, I will say that the musical numbers are pretty good. I really enjoyed them. Final verdict: it's not one of the worst films in the world, but it just didn't do it for me, like lots of people.
½ March 3, 2017
Cheesy, good in spots.
February 28, 2017
love it
i really want to see this so bad and every where i go i cant cause it wont let me
February 26, 2017
Humiliating to watch. If you want to watch Annie, screw this one and watch the 1982 film.
February 8, 2017
This movie was funny, clever and had great song remakes! Start thinking outside the box people.
February 5, 2017
They should just stop remaking these older movies. This sucked.
½ January 28, 2017
Y esto es el resultado de una buena historia y es que a pesar de lo mala que sea la película encuentras motivos para verla.
January 28, 2017
Love this version and love the new version of It's a hard knock life.
½ January 9, 2017
I was expecting with the cast and an already established story, this movie would be a smooth, feel good flick. However, the movie just seemed awkward/forced. Most of the characters were caricatures which was distracting, and the movie kept wanting to become a broadway movie show, but didn't fully commit to that. The Annie and Grace characters really kept the spirit of the movie up, but overall it was not as energizing as it should have been.
January 2, 2017
This Annie was better than the others.
January 1, 2017
I love this movie so much
½ December 29, 2016
original is way better..... but still liked it
½ December 26, 2016
best remake of a classic that I have seen. I enjoyed this movie entirely
December 22, 2016
A very nice modern take on an old classic. And Miss Hannigan's voice is great!
December 19, 2016
I know I'm not the target audience for this. Honestly I watched it as I was intrigued by the gorgeous dog on the poster. (Hey,it's a valid reason...).
I am old enough to have watched the original as a child. I liked it at the time, but it's not one I have rewatched over the years or have strong feelings about, therefore, I wasn't especially upset that Annie is now a little black girl with dark hair.
I will say it didn't "feel" like watching Annie, it felt like a totally different movie. Maybe because of the missing iconic curly red hair. Actually, despite being a fan of red hair, I actually always hated the short red curls, so to me it was an improvement. This Annie still has short curly hair, but it looks cute rather than harsh on her.
Hmm. .. I actually think they did an okay job of it. Considering.
I don't generally do kids movies, but at no point did I feel like switching this off. I liked Cameron Diaz. She was hammy as,but it was funny.
It gets a bit cloying at the end, but thankfully that's right at the end.
I doubt I'll watch it again, but I could see this being entertaining viewing for a family with pre teen kids. (Or childish adults!).
November 23, 2016
Cute. I surprisingly really enjoyed it.
½ November 9, 2016
This rating is so wrong, great movie...my kid loves it (so do I, but don't tell anyone) haha.
October 17, 2016
I thinkthis is a good site! try it!
½ September 30, 2016
Reimagining for a modern audience is cool and all, but some of the new arrangements just felt weird. Choreography was weak, and the new songs I don't think they needed.