Antonia (Antônia - O Filme) Reviews

• Jan 09, 2010

Rap Away The Tear...Cute Movie.

Rap Away The Tear...Cute Movie.

• Jan 07, 2010

I really enjoyed this one. Inspirational story with great music.

I really enjoyed this one. Inspirational story with great music.

• Feb 28, 2009

Interesante y bien hecha con pocos recursos. Va sobre la vida de cuatro chicas cantantes de los barrios bajos de Sao Paulo que tratan de salir de esa miseria. La pelicula trata de mostrar algo de la problematica de estas cuatro mujeres pero se queda corta y deja una historia muy tibia sin un real contenido de fondo fuerte. Buena musica y muy natural la actuacion de las chicas.

• Nov 14, 2008

Poor dialogues. The story it's ok but it could be better developed. The singers did a good job though. I just didnt like much the fact that almost all the scenes were too dark. It's was hard to see whats was actually happening and their reactions.

• Sep 09, 2008

Great fun and uplifting movie that gives you a peak into the lives of the poor in Sao Paolo. The soundtrack has some pretty cool Brazilian rap.

• Jun 20, 2008

Me encanto esta pelicula. Es ver toda la sociedad, desde la perspectiva del matriarcado. Muy interesante.

• Mar 01, 2008

I kind of liked the pace - which I thought was slow and sort of episodic - and the repetition of them walking down their street.

• Feb 25, 2008

translations suck, great movie

translations suck, great movie

• Oct 29, 2007

a decent film, not really about much of anything though. suffers from the WORST subs i've ever seen on a theatrically released film.

• Oct 17, 2007

I just saw this film at VIFF. I also was confused by the city of God hype (which is my favorite film). It was not Fernando Meirelles who directed it afterall, and it shows. It rushed through the story of 4 girls who have a chance of becoming hiphop stars and one by one become derailed by unfortunate events. It had a bit of an after school special feel, with some really brutal translations, but the music is phenomenal and makes it worth while.