Anuvahood Reviews

• May 11, 2014

Terrible British movie.

Terrible British movie.

• May 04, 2014

My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.

My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.

• Apr 30, 2014

It's not high quality, it's not intellectual, it's a lower-class comedy that hits all the right notes if you don't mind lowering your IQ for an evening. Quite enjoyable, and silly, and I'd say worth watching if you can swing that way.

• Apr 21, 2014

Grade:Low 4/10 Anuvahood is an urban film which is meant to be a comedy but completely misses the marks it set's itself and then becomes a juvenile effort at being a drama. Set in London somewhere it is also a crime drama and even trying at that seems under average and poor, but let me tell you more thoroughly why it is a very poor and under average movie. The story is not the worst I have ever seen but because it is a comedy film it makes the story seem stupid and the characters are also really silly. It moves at a fast enough pace for you to get through it and not be completely bored but by the end you feel you have wasted some of life watching this, but still go ahead and watch it, I am sure someone may like it. Finally on the story it is not dramatic either and fails to dramatise anything, well actually it is badly dramatic probably describes it better. Adam Deacon can be a fine actor and usually we see him urban roles but in this he fails and although he is not too bad in this film, the story ruins any chance of anyone in this doing well at acting. I found some of the supporting cast boring and as if they have been plucked from an over dramatic soap, also the villain is ridiculous who although acted well in the comedy role was not funny himself and ruins again any chance of humour, just plain average acting overall. I hated the script and is the biggest reason I didn't enjoy this film with it's stupid lines that are meant to be humour and when you finally think a thrilling part is coming out it turns out to be bad humour. In all the mess I enjoyed some of the sets they used for fights and running scenes which actually worked well with what was going on in this Urban setting. Finally Directing was superbly average and not the worst thing by a long shot, but not good either. The only truly positive thing from this film was the more emotional part of the film where Kay played by Adam Deacon is sad to hear his family have no money and the emotion the family give off is also sad because you can see they want there son to help but he is too greedy with his own money to give it over. Other than the emotional part not much else to say at all in positivity. I think people may like it if they have seen films like Kidulthood or Adulthood but it has more cheek like Kidulthood and of course Deacon features in these and in comedy type role in both. I am also sure someone will find it funny because I have seen worse films that people like also so it would be no surprise to see someone excited and thrilled by this. Overall it is Very Poor if not a wholly Bad movie coming in at a rating of low 4/10 ,to be fair it is a strong one of that, but goes down due to what I said. I think it is far from the worst film ever and parts are enjoyable I guess like the beginning so just watch it for yourself and see what you think about it all, it may have damaged the London Urban film market but that market of films can produce some fantastic pieces as well.

• Feb 18, 2014

Init blood, this movie was alright bruv. They speak another language fam.

Init blood, this movie was alright bruv. They speak another language fam.

• Feb 11, 2014

Feel the pain! Kenneth is a down on his luck young adult who was recently fired from his job at a department store. The loss of income may cause his family to get evicted. He tries to make ends meet by making rap mixed tapes and selling weed. Just as things start looking up, a local bully comes and steals all of his weed and leaves him with nothing. Can Kenneth make ends meet or will his family fall apart? "The pigs are on my dick like a fucking rash." Adam Deacon delivers Anuvahood in his lone directorial project. The storyline for this picture is actually pretty fun to watch unfold and reminded me of a European Friday (Ice Cube and Chris Tucker). I thought the script was equally as clever and the soundtrack was outstanding. The interactions between characters were also pretty good and the acting was better than I anticipated. The cast includes Adam Deacon, Femi Oyeniran, Ollie Barbieri, Paul Kaye, Richie Campbell, Ashley Walters, and Terry Stone. "Stop humping my counter, please." I found this movie on Netflix and thought the plot sounded interesting. I am really surprised this movie received such poor reviews. I felt the picture was fairly clever and well done and I loved how it unfolded. This is a comedy with a fantastic script, soundtrack, and characters. This is definitely worth a viewing and is borderline worth adding to your DVD collection. "I always go hard!" Grade: B

• Sep 18, 2013

It's not the most endearing of films given the subculture it parodies, but as a parody-comedy it's not too bad, and the heavily colloquial and localised script probably took a lot of work.

• Sep 17, 2013

Very funny in places, some of the dialogue was hilarious.

Very funny in places, some of the dialogue was hilarious.

• Sep 16, 2013

Firstly, Adam Deacon is a talent. Have always enjoyed his acting, especially in "kitchen sink" dramas set in the east end of London. Here, he also tries his hand at Comedy and it doesn't really come off, largely I suspect due to the weak support from some of the cast. Adam Deacon has a bright future, just maybe not in comedy.