Apocalypse Now Reviews

• 2d ago

This film gave me almost everything I wanted. But it made me wait for it. I had to wait. Wait. To see the insane col. Kurtz. I'm a big fan of villains. And seeing Kurtz was fascinating. I feel like there is alot of Jung at play here. If it's a Kubrick film there usually is alot of subliminal messages. Including Jungen stuff. The acting in this film is brilliant. The landscape, the colours, the soundtrack. Everything. I just love everything. Even the title of the film seems to be a funny message. Apocalypse Now. Perhaps a jab at "Nirvana Now." ? Making fun of hippies? This film is one of those that you'd enjoy watching an hour long in-depth analysis. However I'm not here to do that. I'm just here to tell you that if you haven't seen this film, you're missing out... on so much. It's a long film, but in my opinion not a single minute is wasted. Very rarely when a film is this long, do I want it to keep going. An astonishing piece of art. Probably my favourite mainstream Vietnam war picture. Big thumbs up! "Charlie Dont Surf!" "We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "f***" on their airplanes because it's obscene!" - Col. Kurtz

• 6d ago

The fact that this movie is based on Heart of Darkness brings a whole new element to it

• Jan 16, 2020

[INCREDIBLE MOVIE] It is clear that Apocalypse Now is one of the greatest movies ever created. It is impossible to put into words what you feel after watching this movie. From the first shot, the film manages to keep up a haunting, hallucinatory tone unflinchingly. The first time I watched this movie, I thought it was OK. However, 2 months later it all hit me. Many critics use the word 'haunting' very loosely, but this movie is truly that. An absolute must-watch for any human being.

• Jan 14, 2020

A classic movie about losing yourself, getting sucked in and not being able to pull out.

• Jan 08, 2020

Crank it up for the airstrike. Typical. America kills the only guy involved w/ the Viet Nam war actually getting @#$% done.

• Dec 29, 2019

One of the greatest movies ever made, if not the greatest. Watch the original, the redux or any version but watch it on the big screen and watch it intently. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant in every way possible. Brando and Sheen are amazing.

• Dec 20, 2019

Best movie of all tome

Best movie of all tome

• Dec 20, 2019

Best movie of all time.

Best movie of all time.

• Dec 06, 2019

At the height of the Vietnam war Captain Willard ( Sheen) is sent on a suicide mission to assassinate renegade Colonel Kurtz ( Brando) who has built his own army in Coppola's haunting masterpiece.

• Nov 28, 2019

5/5! A masterpiece! in my opinion his best movie! even better than The Godfather 1 and 2 and 3!