April in Paris Reviews

• Nov 21, 2016

I enjoyed it, especially as a historic artefact.

I enjoyed it, especially as a historic artefact.

• Jan 09, 2015

A jolly but very light musical comedy that can get somewhat farcical in places. A decent time waster.

• Apr 11, 2014

I'm not a big fan of musicals and this is a pretty "musical" of musical. Doris Day is a chorus girl who falls for diplomat Ray Bolger in Paris. They're a pretty unlikely couple and Bolger is hardly Rock Hudson. There are some good songs in the film, but overall it didn't really grab me.

• Jan 09, 2013

Not Doris Day's best movie. It's funny at times but has no strong structure to keep this movie held up high.

• May 27, 2012

this movie is a classic. I loved it. They don't make movies like this anymore. The music and color are fantastic. It's just a fun movie. and was written beautifully.

• Jul 11, 2011

Ray Bolger and Doris Day singing and dancing.What's not to love?

Ray Bolger and Doris Day singing and dancing.What's not to love?

• Feb 20, 2010

Story is predictable, but Doris Day is fabulous, Bolger's dancing gives the movie a boost, and there are some funny moments.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    May 05, 2009

Colorful, breezy minor musical. Doris is full of her usual verve and Ray Bolger, although an unusual leading man for her is a dancing wonder especially in the number when he dances with Washington and Lincoln.

• Apr 05, 2009

Such a cute and romantic movie. I love the French Waiter, he is so funny. Doris Day, like always, is such a great actress. You have to love the classics!!!!

• Apr 05, 2009

O this film is so sweet!!! I love Doris Day and I love Mr. Frenchie!!!!! O-la-la!!!!!