ATTACK: Los Angeles Reviews

• Jul 31, 2014

Me and my father kept watching this merely for the fact to see what they would bring in next. This movie is a mess, but it's a mess that leaves me with a smile on my face.

• Sep 02, 2013

When it comes to low budget fare, nobody produces more than The Asylum. This film produced for the Syfy channel seems to boast a bigger budget but I don't think that's what makes it worth watching. I blame everything on Mark Atkins who wrote, directed, edited and dped the film. Clearly he had a vision and the skills to bring it to life. Sure the CG is less than spectacular; Yes the film's locations need a lot of work (they usually do in anything from The Asylum); And the film truly is an amagalmation of much better scifi films. BUT as a film overall, it's enjoyable. And if you've never seen the original films Attack: Los Angeles (released on video as Battle of Los Angeles) plays homage to, all the better. Of course, to call this film an homage is truly misleading. It blatantly steals from other much more successful films. The title is a reference to the film Battle: Los Angeles and there are a small amount of soldiers running around shooting at aliens to make the reference work but that's not the film entirely.We have references to E.T., The Matrix, and War of the Worlds. But most the film looks to Independence Day for inspiration (which itself was paying homage to other scifi films). In fact, the opening sequence is taken right out of the film and we're talking almost shot for shot. As long as you can get past the legally dubious stealing from other films and you enjoy a good low budget scifi flick, Battle of Los Angeles/Attack: Los Angeles comes recommended. Anyone looking for something a bid more polished, even if it's just as much a turd, should stick to the Hollywood produced mega blockbusters of the same ilk.

• May 30, 2012

An army captain shoots down a UFO with a .357 magnum. If that ain't the silliest s**t I've ever seen in my life. Only reason I watched any part of this was because I thought it was a different movie.

• May 13, 2012

Battle of Los Angeles is a mess, without a doubt. It's just a disaster in a good, grin-producing way.

• Apr 18, 2012

The worst thing I have ever seen in my life poor graphics, acting and story line terrible!!.

• Mar 25, 2012

Awful. Wooden acting, bad SFX, and a screenplay made nearly entirely of action movie cliches.

• Mar 11, 2012

Horrible attempt to cash in on Battle: Los Angeles. The story rips off from Independence Day and the characters are horrible. The film can't seem to make up it's mind where it wants to go and there are some ridiculously silly moments that look plain awful. There's very little that's good about this film.

• Feb 22, 2012

This movie is a cheap cash-in on an already bad movie. The plot is in-coherent and the fx are sub-par, but if you're into this kind of thing, the film might be worth a few laughs. Just make sure you grab a few beers before you start the DVD, to help you sail smoothly through the slow-moving parts. There are a couple of moment's where you can't believe they wrote something so stupid and inane, like the lady ninja who suddenly appears out of nowhere. I guess I should apologize for the plot spoiler, but that would indicate the movie actually had a plot. It's unintentionally funny moments like these, however, that might just take the best of you and make you laugh out loud, but the long snail-paced sequences between them might make you cry out of boredom. That's what beer is for. The tragedy is, I snatched this rental DVD from the shelves thinking I was getting Battle Los Angeles. I was in the mood for a bad movie, just not this bad. The real tragedy was, I had no beer to go with it.

• Feb 18, 2012

I give it half a star more than the film it's knocking off.

I give it half a star more than the film it's knocking off.

• Jan 28, 2012

You get what you came for, not much else. good ideas on the aliens though.

You get what you came for, not much else. good ideas on the aliens though.