Austin Powers in Goldmember - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Austin Powers in Goldmember Reviews

July 18, 2017
Mike Myers did a good enough job wrapping up this character. It's not always a smooth ride but it's really funny if you give it a chance. (please don't make a fourth)
½ July 18, 2017
While this film may be a complete rehash of the previous 2 films, it is still a staple in the Austin Powers trilogy.
May 13, 2017
I love GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD! omg lmao rofl gg lol. Mike Meyers is a beast. (about 7 viewings)
½ May 7, 2017
5/7/2017 (3): Maybe not as good as the first two, but still funny as hell!
March 20, 2017
Il arrive parfois à Goldmember de se perdre dans des gags qui durent un peu trop longtemps et qui ne sont pas très drôles, comme tout le passage de Gras-Double. Cependant, quand Goldmember est drôle, il l'est énormément. Entre sa longue intro quasi-parfaite, son nouveau personnage et quelques setpieces particulièrement réussies (l'entretien avec les mauvais sous-titres, Godzilla, Fook-Mi et Fook-Yu), Goldmember a probablement les meilleurs gags de la saga et son twist final n'est quasiment pas exagéré. Mais le film de Jay Roach est un peu trop inégal pour être au niveau des deux autres. C'est un peu dommage, vu l'abattage exceptionnel d'un Mike Myers qu'on espère revoir à ce niveau un jour.
½ March 20, 2017
A pretty good addition to the Austin Powers franchise.
March 17, 2017
This is the greatest movie of all time
½ March 14, 2017
"I only watched Austin Powers for the plot"

Oh noo you was just watching it for the jokes.
That is what i did.
March 12, 2017
Let me tell you, I absolutely hated this movie. I also have no interest in James Bond movies, so maybe that's part of it. I was quite pissed at the friend that invited me along for wasting my time and money.
February 4, 2017
This is the point where Austin Powers became a little stale. Despite the occasional 007 gag such as the sumo wrestler sequence (which parodies Bond using crocodiles for stepping stones in Live And Let Die) the humour is purile and most of the jokes revolve around bodily functions. Disappointingly, Dr Evil (who was such a hilarious character in the previous films) is now just a total dick.
The attempts at plot and character twists only makes this one feel more desperate.
January 8, 2017
This is the worst instalment of the Austin Powers trilogy. However, it still delivers some gags. However, the plot is somewhat disjointed and contrived. The acting is tired and the addition of Beyoncé in a supporting role is especially horrible and miscast. Michael Caine's appearance cannot save this film. This franchise had certainly "jumped the shark" at this point.
½ January 8, 2017
This movie was a funny movie. It was good, but not as good as the other two sequels.
January 1, 2017
Overall the weakest of the trilogy, what with the 'Austin and Dr Evil are actually brothers' thing and the 'Dr Evil and Mini Me become gangsta rappers in prison' thing...as well as some other things. Also, the character of Goldmember is creepy and icky enough when played by Mike Myers; he becomes truly the stuff of nightmares when John Travolta takes over at the end.

But the movie does have some redeeming qualities. Firstly, Michael Caine is superb as Austin's spy dad, Nigel - basically Harry Palmer as an old perv. Also, Beyonce (when she was merely a star, rather than the supermegauberstar she is today) is very good as badass blaxploitation chick Foxxy Cleopatra, and her Goldmember medley is pretty damn funny ('He got the Midas touch, and he touched it too much...'). Plus, the movie contains one of my favourite visual gags of all time - 'One of us needs to stand on the other one's shoulders' - AND one of my favourite one-liners of all time - 'There are two kinds of people in this world I can't stand...'

Plus, we FINALLY get to see some frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. And that's all we ever asked for, right?
December 8, 2016
Provides some decent giggles, and the appearance of Michael Caine is, of course, very pleasing. The reason I've knocked off a star is because the structure is a little haphazard, but really, that's just me being pernickety. It's very enjoyable if you have a purile sense of humour like me.
November 19, 2016
Preferred the one with Elizabeth Hurley, who really is what a 'Bond girl' image represents. Also, Elizabeth is an excellent actress.
August 7, 2016
Very funny and entertaining
½ August 1, 2016
3.5/5. While Goldmember himself is pretty lame, the rest of the movie is hilarious and a lot of fun.
July 31, 2016
Best Austin Powers movie I dont care what anyone says. One of my favorite comedies ever.
jamrcla
June 22, 2016
Excellent film, Best in the trilogy, Very funny but not as silly as the rest but still faithfull to its roots.
May 21, 2016
This is a good film with many great cameos, I also like the first two.