Austin Powers in Goldmember - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Austin Powers in Goldmember Reviews

January 8, 2017
This is the worst instalment of the Austin Powers trilogy. However, it still delivers some gags. However, the plot is somewhat disjointed and contrived. The acting is tired and the addition of Beyoncé in a supporting role is especially horrible and miscast. Michael Caine's appearance cannot save this film. This franchise had certainly "jumped the shark" at this point.
½ January 8, 2017
This movie was a funny movie. It was good, but not as good as the other two sequels.
January 1, 2017
Overall the weakest of the trilogy, what with the 'Austin and Dr Evil are actually brothers' thing and the 'Dr Evil and Mini Me become gangsta rappers in prison' thing...as well as some other things. Also, the character of Goldmember is creepy and icky enough when played by Mike Myers; he becomes truly the stuff of nightmares when John Travolta takes over at the end.

But the movie does have some redeeming qualities. Firstly, Michael Caine is superb as Austin's spy dad, Nigel - basically Harry Palmer as an old perv. Also, Beyonce (when she was merely a star, rather than the supermegauberstar she is today) is very good as badass blaxploitation chick Foxxy Cleopatra, and her Goldmember medley is pretty damn funny ('He got the Midas touch, and he touched it too much...'). Plus, the movie contains one of my favourite visual gags of all time - 'One of us needs to stand on the other one's shoulders' - AND one of my favourite one-liners of all time - 'There are two kinds of people in this world I can't stand...'

Plus, we FINALLY get to see some frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. And that's all we ever asked for, right?
December 8, 2016
Provides some decent giggles, and the appearance of Michael Caine is, of course, very pleasing. The reason I've knocked off a star is because the structure is a little haphazard, but really, that's just me being pernickety. It's very enjoyable if you have a purile sense of humour like me.
November 19, 2016
Preferred the one with Elizabeth Hurley, who really is what a 'Bond girl' image represents. Also, Elizabeth is an excellent actress.
November 11, 2016
Best comedy & spy movie of all time(period)
August 7, 2016
Very funny and entertaining
½ August 1, 2016
3.5/5. While Goldmember himself is pretty lame, the rest of the movie is hilarious and a lot of fun.
July 31, 2016
Best Austin Powers movie I dont care what anyone says. One of my favorite comedies ever.
jamrcla
June 22, 2016
Excellent film, Best in the trilogy, Very funny but not as silly as the rest but still faithfull to its roots.
May 21, 2016
This is a good film with many great cameos, I also like the first two.
May 10, 2016
I've heard the Austin Powers movies are hilarious.
April 1, 2016
love all 3 of the austin powers movies but i think this one is my favorite but not all the jokes work and myers and beyonce dont work at all but i still died with laughter
½ March 29, 2016
This movie did not age well, and to be honest, the early aughts were a cultural vacuum, but I laughed really hard a couple of times and that's worth something.
March 27, 2016
This film is one of those films you loved watching when you were younger, and can quote with your buddies when you are drunk at a bar. But it pains me to say that actually watching it again, it is not as enjoyable or funny as you remember. Some parts still made me laugh, "MOLE!" and some parts made me cringe, (Especially with Dr. Evil). Overall, if you haven't seen the Austin Powers film franchise before, definitely marathon it! Just don't expect to watch it over and over again for 10 years and have it be funny every single time. It's a film I cherish but it rides completely on nostalgia.
½ March 26, 2016
This movie has a lot of high notes in it but it also has some low ones to. If you liked 1 and 2 you will like this one.
½ March 20, 2016
Have seen the other ones, nice
March 17, 2016
The first five minutes of this James Bond parody sets the bar high for the rest of the film and that simply on the strength of it's numerous celebrity cameos. Mike Myers was soooo hot at one time he had the weight to pull this kinda talent (... and then "The Love Guru"). The rest though is more of the same channeling Benny Hill that the series is known for. There's a guilty chuckle or two in all of this silliness despite your valuable college philosophy degree.
½ March 5, 2016
Austin Powers in Goldmember
Even though the third film lost some of it's mojo, the luxurious Austin Powers in Goldmember still smashing and very shagadelic.. yeah, baby!
February 21, 2016