Outrage Reviews

• Aug 25, 2017

Reminded me a lot about American and Italian mob movies. I guess mafia is pretty much the same all over the world.

• Oct 31, 2016

Pretty accurate title.

Pretty accurate title.

• Oct 07, 2016

Beat Takeshi's cliché yakuza rivalry story seems to be constructed around the cold-blooded killings showcased here when it should be the other way around. Did Takeshi expect a collage of killings to have any impact? After so much senseless violence, the average shanking has the impact of being poked with a spoon.

• Sep 09, 2016

Outrage leads us back (admittedly, willingly so) into Kitano's authentic view of the yakuza world, where he contrasts its drab, makeshift offices and dark alleyways with lush hostess clubs and backroom casinos, all locations filled with danger ready to be triggered by the wrong word or miscalculation. Look hard to find the happy ending here, it's elusive. Full review on Drama-MAX

• Mar 11, 2016

a very well shot story of the mafia. However, the story was semi-hard to follow at times and the characters were either incredibly submissive or extremely aggressive. There were no inbetweeners or dynamics that made any of the characters very interesting except for Otomo. I would love to see an American remake of this with more "pulp fiction" like characters who can have a nice chat in the car and the story somewhat easier to follow.

• Feb 24, 2016

Stylish, Gangster/Yakuza film that is rich in violence. Names can become confusing as there are so many, but it does a great job building tension. Beat Takeshi is a badass.

• Oct 10, 2015

Gangster flick from Takeshi Kitano doesn't live up to his other films, but is worth watching for fans of the genre.

• Sep 30, 2015

this is the Japanese underworld of yakuza -- a dog eat dog world full of deceit and backstabbing and brutal brutal violence. Falls short tho in terms of story & direction. Still worth a watch if you like gratuitous violence.

• Jun 04, 2015

Ok first of all I'm such a huge Takeshi Kitano fan. Though I might say this is not his best film but this is one of a hell of a great film. I mean its dark and brutal mob drama that focuses the intense lives of Yakuza's god fathers to its goons. With their big time intentions of mind games. In short this is the best Yakuza drama I've seen. Though plot wise, they made a simple problem ridiculously big that end up killing each other. Other than that its a very well made Kitano film. And special mention to Kippei Shiina, he is amazing and now I'm starting to like this Mizuno guy. He is such a bad ass.

• Nov 07, 2014

O que até começa por ser um filme de yakuza lançado de forma interessante aos poucos transforma-se num dominó de violência, em que uma execução sangrenta leva a outra, até perdermos a conta dos dedos que foram sendo cortados pelo caminho. A salvação de "Outrage" acaba por surgir com duas cenas extremamente sádicas - até mesmo na escala Takeshi Kitano - que funcionam bem como momentos de humor absurdo.