Back Street Reviews

• Mar 01, 2020

One of the best movies of all time!!

One of the best movies of all time!!

• Nov 23, 2014

• May 01, 2013

The third version of Fannie Hurst's novel, filmed in 1932 and 1941, is the weakest: Susan Hayward may be too old and too tough for the part.

• Sep 21, 2011

this is a ok remake but I prefer the irene dunne 1932 version of this based upon the fannie hurst novel.

• May 23, 2010

OMG this is a tear jerker! I always loved this movie. I thought TMC would show this great movie, however, it's not in that library. Great Love Story!

• Mar 03, 2010

68/100. This is, so far, the third version of this popular melodrama. It is the second best of the three versions, but certainly the glossiest and the best produced version. Good costumes and art direction. The Irene Dunne 1932 version was the best, and the Margaret Sullavan 1941 version my least favorite.

• Mar 03, 2010

• Feb 16, 2009

My mom and I used to try and catch this movie when ever we could. It tops all romantic movies I've ever seen. It may be an old movie, yet I always have to have a box of tissue near by when I see it. It will always be my favorite.

• Jan 11, 2009

This movie is the pure definition of a tear jerker movie. The acting is well done.You keep hoping for the couple that something good will come their way. Definitely have tissues handy.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Nov 10, 2008

Lavish but emotionally empty. Susan is always worth watching, Vera Miles is wonderfully malevolent but Gavin is a tree and hurts the picture fatally, if you want to see the story told correctly watch the Margaret Sullavan/Charles Boyer version but if you just want to luxuriate in jewels, furs and beautiful people this one's for you.