Baghead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Baghead Reviews

½ March 25, 2016
Baghead: a black comedy movie about a group four part time actors actresses who are selfish, juvenile, dull and, worst of all, just completely uninteresting, who isolate themselves in a remote cabin in the woods in order to write a screenplay they will all star in, where they are attacked by a person with a bag over his head. It's a film where drunk, lazy-minded people get together and try to create a movie by writing ideas on a slip of paper and passing it around so others can scribble amendments. Based on the quality of "Baghead," it seems safe to assume this is autobiographical. This movie is terrible, nothing works in it. The acting is bad, and the script is even worse. The basic plotline of the film is tiered to begin with, and it isn't at all frightening or funny. It's relationship movie masquerading as a horror movie that elicits the same amount of laughs as the prospect of attending your mothers funeral would. I seriously regret the hour and a half or so of my life wasted so far watching this pile of shit
July 20, 2015
Pretty solid, interesting indie flick. Would recommend to people who want something a little different
½ May 21, 2015
You kinda saw where this was going after a point. Though I admit there were enjoyable parts in between. Wonderful how the Duplasses created suspense out of both awkward romantic misfires and pursuit by a masked killer.
½ May 13, 2015
The Duplass Brothers are very talented. And, the idea/concept gets off to a great start. The problem is that they never seem to decide if they want to make a horror movie or an odd sex comedy. Ultimately, the idea of the film is far better than the result.
October 21, 2014
Hrmmm...I Wasn't Convinced. Not Complete Crap, But Brushed Near It & Alluded The Smell Of Rubbish. I Kept Thinking How I Used To Make Up Stories Like This & Film It When I Was A Kid. Unfortunately These People Are Grown Up.
½ March 16, 2014
Original and sometimes funny genre bender. It's just a little too bland to be great.
½ October 10, 2013
A fun and charming comedy about making a low budget horror film. Greta Gerwig is fantastic as always and so is everyone else. Just a really fun indie flick.
September 20, 2013
Sometimes funny and romantic, other times a movie that will scare the crap out of you, Baghead proves itself an excellent low-budget indie film.
½ April 25, 2013
weird movie..some nonsense.. lost hour and a half.
½ April 11, 2013
It was kinda cool and pretty funny but nothing great.
½ April 7, 2013
love it can't wait to go camping and mess with my friends
April 6, 2013
It got better as it progressed; started very slowly.
½ March 17, 2013
Had higher hopes than this.
½ February 19, 2013
Not as interesting or character-driven as Duplass' other work, but still pretty strange and heartwarming in it's own way.
½ February 13, 2013
This was pretty good. I can see hollywood getting there hands on this for remake.
January 13, 2013
Have yet to get more than 20 minutes into this flick. Not sure where it's going, or if its any good.
½ January 4, 2013
different, but not really scary (the trailer makes it seem scarier)
January 2, 2013
There is some honest comedy here, but it becomes too predictable and is not nearly as clever or endearing as "The Puffy Chair".
½ December 21, 2012
Anti horror film, not terrible but nothing too great, and the twist is fairly obvious...
November 2, 2012