Bamboo Saucer Reviews

• Oct 03, 2018

I loved its un-post-apocalyptic storyline. That aside, this is pretty standard low budget late-60's fare.

• Nov 10, 2017

i have this movie on vhs under the name UFO REPORT. i am not much of an old movie watcher but i have to say that the movie went by in no time, i liked it for what it is. a nice b movie with nice acting from the ¨comrade¨ . not special but special enough.

• Mar 27, 2015

Solid 1960s B cold war Science-Fiction. I've seen The Bamboo Saucer several times and always enjoyed it immensely. I've always associated it with another classic 1960s SF movie, Robinson Crusoe on Mars. They have nothing to do with each other than their commitment to science fiction and good story telling. Watch them both. You won't be disappointed.

• Apr 19, 2012

Strange lo-budget sci-fi about a team of American scientists trying to find a flying saucer in Red China. There, they meet a group of Commies looking for the same thing! They have to work together! Can they? Interesting political message (Russkies good! Chinese baaad!) mixed in with a UFO story is... bizarre to say the least. It doesnt quite hold up, the story is a bit heavy in places, but does pick up towards the end. Finally, all women scream any time they can.

• Jan 26, 2012

This was the first cable movie I saw when our local area finally got 'cable' back in the 70's. I don't remember too much, other than a race between an American 'team' and a Soviet 'team' to find a flying saucer which crashed inside China. Otherwise, I can't really add much except I have never seen it since (either on TV or even as a movie rental).