*batteries not included - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

*batteries not included Reviews

May 30, 2017
Loved this movie, it was very fun and heart warming.
April 23, 2017
I have seen these movie when I was a kid.. this one of the best family movies i have ever watched...
½ April 19, 2017
Uplifting. Character development.
April 17, 2017
Lame boring and surprising that Steven Spielberg directed this terrible movie. You want to know the honest truth, the truth is it didn't feel like you connected with the characters in any way except feel bad for the old lady mourning the loss of her son. And this movie is all over the place, first the little outer space robots then the guys who are trying to take down the main characters apartment building and them every characters's personal problems which are super dumb. The plot holes that weren't answered just makes it worse, what happens to the baby, that's the only thing I actually paid any attention to, man this movie was so boring.
April 1, 2017
An interesting science fiction film that was worth seeing once. Fairly odd and outdated now though. (First and only viewing - 7/5/2008)
½ January 25, 2017
A science fiction / fantasy comedy with a slightly dark edge that manages to charm with it's mini flying saucer aliens who seem packed with personality. The cast do well with an OK script and manage to make this a great little movie. However it's the little flying saucers who are the real stars of the show.
½ January 23, 2017
Batteries not included is.......interesting. I remember watching this as a kid, but now it's really cheesy, I don't know what to say about it I'll give it a 5/10
January 15, 2017
Although by todays' standards ( 2017) the special effects show their age, it's still a feel good movie.
½ January 14, 2017
It's like a heartwarming musical... without the music.
October 2, 2016
Un petit film sympathique
September 9, 2016
9/4/2016: An ok movie at best. A cheesy 80's sci-fi flick. Nothing great or memorable.
½ September 6, 2016
It wasn't overly exciting but it definitely kept my attention. I could see myself watching it again in 5-10 years.
½ September 3, 2016
A typically charming sci-fi film- basically what's expected when Spielberg's name is attached. The plot is rather basic with happy contemporary characters in hard times. The effects are pretty fun. There's a few bumps, and some awkwardness, but otherwise it's a harmless family film.
August 16, 2016
Old time movie I love it
August 1, 2016
A cute, pretty-good movie. Good Sunday afternoon fare.
½ July 31, 2016
A handful of remaining residents in an old building get a helping hand against a land developer's thugs trying to force them out from small alien spaceships. Passable on its own but a bit disappointing given Speilberg's involvement. Would have been better with more sinister thugs.
June 20, 2016
Flying saucers remodel a soon to be condemned apartment building in this silly family drama that wastes the talents of Ameche, Tandy and Esai Morales (who was phenomenal in last years "LaBamba".
June 14, 2016
one that i watched a few times as kid and never could remember much............... it's decent for nostalgia sake, just wish they would have have a back story for the origins of the UFO beings.
June 5, 2016
What a cute movie. I haven't seen it since the late 1980s, so maybe it's not the same, but I loved it then. UPDATE: I re-watched it and it still holds up as a cute 80s movie.
½ May 19, 2016
A cute movie but seems a bit underdeveloped. Never really explains where or how the robots come about. What was with the villain? It seemed the movie couldnt decide whether he was bad or good and never really went anywhere with his character except flip flopping. I thought the old lady was delightful and well acted. I also really did enjoy the robots. A heart warming story about friendship and the underdogs coming togehter.