Battle of Britain Reviews

• Dec 28, 2020

Fantastic bit of filming, unfortunately never to be repeated. BOB is one of the greatest war films ever made & the tale of The brave participants should never be forgotten. In the immortal words of the Polish/Czech fighter pilots ‘repeat please!'

• Dec 28, 2020

Loved it one of the best films ever made, A Must See Fantastic!

Loved it one of the best films ever made, A Must See Fantastic!

• Dec 27, 2020

Great film, classic sequences must see.

Great film, classic sequences must see.

• Oct 19, 2020

It's a important war film about a very important battle in British history. And its cast is one of my favourites. Its recommended for those history buffs. As a ww2 historian myself, it's a must watch. Music is pretty good and a well fit for this picture. All in all, give it a watch. And remember those that saved us all. Sir Winston Churchill - "Never has so much, been owed by so many, to so few."

• Aug 15, 2020

Great flying sequences; zero plot except vague acknowledgement of historical events. Lots of glaring errors in RAF protocols. Eg wearing headwear inside. For what film cost, unforgivable.

• Jul 13, 2020

I long for the days of big screen movies of historic events that do not use mostly computer-generated imagery (CGI) and use real aircraft, real buildings, real fighting machines, etc, etc. Granted they did show a couple dogfight scenes from historical actual footage more than once but it's a minor transgression. Quite a few young stars. Another movie I've watched more times that I can even count in the last 50 years.

• Jun 01, 2020

Entertaining as an entry-level introduction to the Battle of Britain. Some spectacular flying sequences and excellent parts featuring German high-command and troops. Dialogues in German with English subtitles - well done. What really sucked was the the lack of any attempt to create period-accurate hair and makeup, particularly on women. That really takes the realism out of the movie and makes it an obvious late-60's film. Some characters in the film were pretty badly casted I think. Hitler is one obvious example. Goering looks like a baker from your local boulangerie. Lawrence Olivier looks like he's about to doze off. The leading lady (wife of Christopher Plummer) is the worst of the lot. She's can't act, and looks like a groupie, or a hipster from a Peter Sellers film, complete with a pale shade of lipstick. All that's missing is the vinyl miniskirt. Sloppy work. Some of the explosions are plane action are very poorly modeled, you can see the superimposed images so clearly, it makes you cringe. Anyway, like I said it's a fun film to see once, but I don't see any reason to see it again in the future.

• Apr 18, 2020

All star cast, true story, and awesome aerial scenes using dozens of real aircraft combine to create an exciting and entertaining movie.

• May 31, 2019

The most realistic combat I have ever seen. They even blew up the hanger at Duxford. Tiny bits of CGI

• Mar 05, 2019

excellent aerial dog fight scene's aswell as dramatic action fromthe actor's to tell a heart warming story around the fighter's of the RAF during The Battle of Britain