Be Cool - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Be Cool Reviews

½ October 21, 2017
10/21/2016 (2): An ok movie. An excellent cast, but the story could have been better. Johnson and Vaughn were the highlights! Twinkle twinkle!
October 4, 2017
As the sequel to Get Shorty I actually love the movie. The main complaint I have is Vince Vaughn and the IDIOT of a character he plays in the film. Everyone else does a great job with the film in my opinion.
August 14, 2017
Good, but not quite up to the standard set by "Get Shorty"...
August 7, 2017
Be Cool is not even remotely cool, but certainly not for the lack of trying. Story is of a dystopian society were every character is so cool that everything becomes uninteresting.
½ August 5, 2017
Hey let's do pretty much the same thing we did in Get Shorty but make it about the music industry? I have to imagine that was line of thinking. It's really lame despite a great cast. Look at me! Look at me! I'm the one telling you don't waste your freaking time on this movie.
June 10, 2017
It is so quirky and silly that it has become one of my favorite movies!
½ April 23, 2017
Mostly just a lazy rehash of the first movie, but there are some cute, funny moments spread throughout.
½ January 21, 2017
Well acted and interesting, but not funny for this genre, weak screenplay and a little predictable.
January 7, 2017
I LIKED this movie. It entertained me, it made me laugh and it kept my interest. There were many fun cameos from well known actors and as usual John Travolta and Uma Thurman sizzled. I'm not always looking for serious movies. This one won't win any awards and yes it's a silly premise but for a Netflix night at home it was perfect!
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 7, 2016
Pretty bad movie. The plot has a handful of good ideas that are drowned in clichés and formulaic storytelling, with some solid humor overpowered by cheap one-liners and stereotypes, does feature some stylish direction and good performances you can count on one hand, specifically Vaughn, Benjamin and Johnson, resulting in a lackluster sequel that repeats too much from the first film in a poor manner.
May 28, 2016
What a piece of crap
½ January 26, 2016
"The Rock Gave A Rock Solid Performance"
("Holy [Cow] -- It Is The Rock!")

*** 1/2

A Nearly Identical Type-Cast Follow Up To Get Shorty With The Exception Of More Entertaining Rock Solid Cast Of Characters In My Opinion...

The Rock Gave A Rock Solid Performance As A Depressed Body Guard That Could Raise His Left Eyebrow Hoping It Would Land Him A Roll In A Major Motion Picture. He Was Considered To Be Gay, Though I Couldn't Tell If He Was Or If He Was Just Being Down Graded By His Boss & Others That Thought Of His Behavior To Be That Of A Panty Waist. His Performance Was So Rock Solid He Gave Mostly All The Laughs To This Film & Was The One Who Kept The Interest In The Film Going.
("Holy [Cow] -- It Is The Rock!")
January 2, 2016
Boring and not at all funny
December 22, 2015
Despite its dynamic cast of A-list actors, Be Cool is nowhere near cool. It's boring and hardly watchable.
½ September 19, 2015
Perhaps the biggest crime of "Be Cool" is that it isn't nearly as good as its predecessor "Get Shorty". However, in its favor: a huge cast of all-stars, a witty writing style and characters we fell in love with in the first installment. Vince Vaughn hilariously steals the show from John Travolta (who is still great as Chili Palmer), Uma Thurman & The Rock make great additions and Cedric the Entertainer displays a surprising skill at acting; a better-than-you've-heard film coming from the mind of Elmore Leonard. 11/19/9
½ September 7, 2015
It might have gotten a full star if it hadn't had such a good cast. I love all the actors in it and truly wanted to love the movie, but it was so monumentally bad that the outstanding cast only served to highlight how terrible this movie really was. Just painful.
August 29, 2015
this movie has it all, the plot unfolds humorously and is well fit together. vince vaughn and the rock - omgosh awesome! everyone plays a great role. wife and i actually agree on this movie which is rare, great movie!
½ August 25, 2015
Who could the anticipated audience possibly be? Only numb-nuts that would watch American Idol.
½ August 10, 2015
To cool for school phoned in movie sequel.