Beach Party Reviews

• Jul 11, 2019

Written by people in their 40s and 50s, sympathetic to the "younger generation", this movie is what they saw as representative of teenagers in the 1960s. To say the least, they had no idea what they were writing about, but the movie is light-hearted and funny and is not condemnatory toward teenagers, like most adult institutions were in 1963. They should have used current 1963 music as soundtrack to keep it relevant to the times.

• Dec 13, 2016

Knowing how silly it would be going in, I really didn't expect the plot of the researcher trying to establish himself amongst the youth generation. I'm happy it got sequels because I much preferred Muscle Beach Party in every single way.

• May 04, 2014

Don't waste your vacation on this stupid movie. As much as I like her not even Annette can save it. I know a lot of people know her from this series, but I wish she would have done more Disney movies instead. (First and only viewing - 5/5/2014)

• Apr 14, 2013

An enjoyable but rather crazy surf movie featuring the sights, dances and songs of that early 60's era. It's a vintage American International (Orion Pictures now) B-Movie drive-in comedy laced with laughs, morality & music fun.

• Dec 21, 2012

In a strange way this film has a peculiar charm despite its paper thin plot & more cliches you can poke a stick at. The story of a professor (who clearly isn't) studying young teens obsessed with surf & sex. It's got a few catchy songs, crazy costumes & depicts nothing of true surfing culture, watch for fun not fact.

• Jun 18, 2012

Cute movie, I enjoyed it a lot. The bad guys were kinda lame, but Frankie Avalon is a total babe ;)

• May 15, 2012

Beach Party is a decent film. It is about an anthropologist who is studying the mating habits of teens. Robert Cummings and Dorthy Malone give good performances. The script is okay but seems a little sappy. William Asher did a pretty good job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture and thought it enjoyable.

• Apr 18, 2012

gr8 cast lottsa cameos

gr8 cast lottsa cameos

• Nov 01, 2011

Funny how movies were back in the 60's. I laughed a lot watching this movie.

Funny how movies were back in the 60's. I laughed a lot watching this movie.

• Aug 30, 2011

I think this (the first of the Beach movies) sets up nicely for the rest of the Beach movies that follow. Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello definitely have onscreen chemistry, and are fun to watch. I love the story of this one, and the humor is so cheesy, it's funny. :). I would definitely recommend this movie if you don't mind cheesy 60's beachy teenage movie musicals. Haha