Bean - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bean Reviews

½ January 3, 2018
BEAN goes by a weak screenplay and fills up the entire movie with Bean making grunts, silly faces, trouble and accidents which may have been enjoyable in separate 4-minute sketches but definitely not an entire 90 minute movie. Not to mention a lack of character development where all the other characters in the movie exist as "toys" for Bean to play with by hurting them, confusing them, making them get into a huge panic at the airport, putting laxatives in their coffee or making them angry.
December 20, 2017
Love Rowan. The living legend.
½ December 11, 2017
A few cheap laughs here and there, but overall the charm of Mr Bean is lost due to too much dialogue. The awful plot is also a massive contributor as is the fact that Bean is never as sinister and inconsiderate as the tv character.
"Kevin Langley: I can't sleep. I can'e stop thinking about naked women. What about you?
Mr. Bean: Whistler's Mother.
Kevin Langley: Well, whatever turns you on!"
October 27, 2017
Mr Bean The Movie is an absolutely great time! If you like Visual & Physical Comedy as a Whole! You'll be laughing your ass off...
½ October 19, 2017
The parts that were funny I laughed A LOT, but the in-between parts were not very interesting. Funny parts barely made this a good movie.
½ August 12, 2017
This film is full to the brim of cheesy slapstick, but for me, it does work. Definitely had some laugh out loud moments, but not the greatest comedy of all time!
August 1, 2017
more laughs than most comedies.
July 18, 2017
It does craft a humorous premise for Rowan Atkinson to shine, but it often feels gross and uninventive.
½ July 1, 2017
Not as good as Mr. Bean's Holiday, or the show.
February 21, 2017
"Bean" is a masterclass in awkwardly slapstick filmmaking. The titular character bumps from one hilariously embarrassing situation to another in a film that has its fair share of memorable, iconic even, moments. Atkinson is reliable in bringing Bean to the big screen for the first time and is aided by the enjoyable Peter MacNicol. But above all, the makers seem committed to delivering painful, no-holds-barred, surrealistic daftness, and they succeed.
½ January 14, 2017
The man is funny. NO doubt about it.
January 13, 2017
Great slapstick with one of the greatest comedians of all time plus an uninteresting family thrown onto.
December 26, 2016
Bean:The Movie is not as good as it could have been, people were probably expecting a little bit more but it is not a bad film at all. I thought the laughs were good and I think there is a good cast with good acting. The plot was okay. It got a little boring at times, some parts were a little over the top. But at the end of the day it is a pretty okay film, it isn't the best and there could be some improvements to this film which might have helped it improve it's current score but all around I think it is a good family film.
½ December 5, 2016
Bean may work better as an hour long special episode of the TV series called Mr. Bean Goes to America and doesn't quite focus as much on its titular character than its classic source material but Rowan Atkinson still manages to entertain in the role of everyone's favourite bumbling Englishman thanks to the film bringing plenty of laughs allowing for a reasonably entertaining adaptation.
November 23, 2016
So good. Use to watch as a kid a lot. I was laughing so much
August 11, 2016
Loved It One Of THE Best Movies In History Nothing Gets Old
July 3, 2016
Any body who gives this films a low rating is an intellectually stunted jackass with no sense of humor or quality screen writing. Bean is amazingly written and executed. A classic comedy, the kind that rarely gets made anymore. The screenplay is objectively brilliant with a great subplot, great plot devices and genius gags that are not only funny but pull the plot line in for a perfect finish.

It's a shame that there are people who actually get paid (critics) to give their opinion on a subject they seem to know very little of.

I studied this film for a screenwriting course and to a trained eye I can say it is very, very well done.
June 14, 2016
The British tv character played by Rowan Atkinson, hits the big screen in a silly plot. Slapstick ensues when the bumbling Bean is asked to accompany a art masterpiece to the United States. It's here that Bean, mistaken for a doctor, screws things up. Kids will find it funny but adults will be annoyed.
June 3, 2016