Bean - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bean Reviews

February 21, 2017
"Bean" is a masterclass in awkwardly slapstick filmmaking. The titular character bumps from one hilariously embarrassing situation to another in a film that has its fair share of memorable, iconic even, moments. Atkinson is reliable in bringing Bean to the big screen for the first time and is aided by the enjoyable Peter MacNicol. But above all, the makers seem committed to delivering painful, no-holds-barred, surrealistic daftness, and they succeed.
½ January 14, 2017
The man is funny. NO doubt about it.
January 13, 2017
Great slapstick with one of the greatest comedians of all time plus an uninteresting family thrown onto.
December 26, 2016
Bean:The Movie is not as good as it could have been, people were probably expecting a little bit more but it is not a bad film at all. I thought the laughs were good and I think there is a good cast with good acting. The plot was okay. It got a little boring at times, some parts were a little over the top. But at the end of the day it is a pretty okay film, it isn't the best and there could be some improvements to this film which might have helped it improve it's current score but all around I think it is a good family film.
½ December 5, 2016
Bean may work better as an hour long special episode of the TV series called Mr. Bean Goes to America and doesn't quite focus as much on its titular character than its classic source material but Rowan Atkinson still manages to entertain in the role of everyone's favourite bumbling Englishman thanks to the film bringing plenty of laughs allowing for a reasonably entertaining adaptation.
November 23, 2016
So good. Use to watch as a kid a lot. I was laughing so much
August 11, 2016
Loved It One Of THE Best Movies In History Nothing Gets Old
July 3, 2016
Any body who gives this films a low rating is an intellectually stunted jackass with no sense of humor or quality screen writing. Bean is amazingly written and executed. A classic comedy, the kind that rarely gets made anymore. The screenplay is objectively brilliant with a great subplot, great plot devices and genius gags that are not only funny but pull the plot line in for a perfect finish.

It's a shame that there are people who actually get paid (critics) to give their opinion on a subject they seem to know very little of.

I studied this film for a screenwriting course and to a trained eye I can say it is very, very well done.
June 14, 2016
The British tv character played by Rowan Atkinson, hits the big screen in a silly plot. Slapstick ensues when the bumbling Bean is asked to accompany a art masterpiece to the United States. It's here that Bean, mistaken for a doctor, screws things up. Kids will find it funny but adults will be annoyed.
June 3, 2016
He is soooooo funny!
½ May 30, 2016
Mr Bean at his best.
½ May 24, 2016
5/24/2016: Pretty much what I was expecting from a Bean movie. Had some laughs which is all I was wanting.
March 23, 2016
This Movies looks funny
½ March 9, 2016
Witty an outrageous humor abounds as Atkinson shines in his tailored made role in the first of two feature films. The cast appears to be more than willing and able to handle the material here.
February 8, 2016
Very funny movie. Great acting. Funny scenes.
½ January 2, 2016
Bean provides a lot of laughs and Rowan Atkinson is more comic than ever, however the script is horrible, and the cliches aren't subtle as the narrative is predictable.
½ January 2, 2016
½ August 30, 2015
that was a funny movie
August 6, 2015
Gives you a few chuckles.
July 26, 2015
One the funniest movies ever made. The airport scene is legendary. The film is Mr. Bean's greatest performance.