Beast from Haunted Cave Reviews

• Nov 04, 2018

Beast from Haunted Cave is a disappointing. It is about a group of gold thieves who pull of a heist and flee into the snowy wilderness. Michael Forest and Frank Wolff give horrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Monte Hellman did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Nov 20, 2016

A good old fashioned horror the beast is very weird but for a 57 year old film, it is worth a watch

• Aug 17, 2016

This isn't the worst horror effort for what is a seriously low-budget film, however it really does show at times.

• Jun 23, 2016

Silly Roger Corman produced monster film is better than average, but is still nothing too special. One thing that sets this film apart is that it was directed by Monte Hellman, who'd later go on to direct classics like "Cockfighter" and "Two Lane Blacktop" (although his filmography is admittedly a mixed bag). In this low budget picture a monster (who kind of looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster) traps it's victims, takes them back to it's cave, and then wraps them up in it's web to eat later. Overall, the film works because the monster costume looks pretty good, despite the low budget, and director Hellman manages to create some decent suspense. Certainly not a brilliant film, but if you're in the mood for an old fashioned monster film, this one is worth checking out. And on a side note, this film did remind me of the "Alien" films with the hapless victims being kept alive while bound against cave walls. I'm pretty sure this film must have been an influence on that classic.

• Jun 10, 2016

Low budget sci-fi with very poor acting. Takes a long time to get to the monster battle.

• May 24, 2015

With bad acting and a bad screenplay, this Corman forgotten low budget cheesy flick starts out promising but disappointed me at the end. And the monster on the poster locks nothing like the real monster in the film, which is a little unclear to know what it really is. Sort of a spider like skeleton creature. Anyways, if your a fan of Roger Corman movies then this one i recommended.

• Sep 22, 2014

Low budget monster flick that has no thrills and doesn't even fall in to the so bad it's good category.

• Aug 22, 2014

Last night I actually came across a classic B film that I had never seen so I sat down to watch "Beast From Haunted Cave". The picture was directed by Monte Hellman. The same man who went on later to film the straight to video slasher flick "Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out!" in 1989. This movie which was shot in South Dakota seemed a bit more risky in its choice of dialog than your typical 50's horror story. So right away I gave this picture a little more respect than I normally would. "Beast From Haunted Cave" tells the story of bank robbers fleeing in the snow who run afoul of a giant spider that feeds on humans. As for the character relations for "Beast" my opinion is much the same as my opinion toward any 50's films. I just don't get that people related to one another in such offensive and atypical repertoire. I guess the lack of modern technologies and information we now have really stunted people emotionally in prior generations. I am not sure what it is but even though I like a lot of old black & white movies I never quite comprehend peoples single pointed view of one another in the dialogue. It is just part of the culture gap thing, I guess. Anyway despite my ignorance of the 50's mentality I still enjoyed the fact that this movie was pretty progressive in its subject matter when it came time to display loose morals and wild behavior of the characters. Drinking at ten in the morning, premarital sex, and lude conduct, as much as the censors would have aloud in your 1953's cinema was ahead of it's time and showed the first signs of your now classic set up for creature features. There is the group of wayward souls set out in unknown territory, up to no good. Then you have the local legend, attention to animal attacks, followed by the reveal of the true monster plaguing the land. In "Beast From Haunted Cave" there is actually only one hint as to why this creature existed. Mining in the region had unearth some prehistoric creation. This is the only hint as to how the creature came to be that I could tell. It was also the only mention as to industrialism expanding into nature and the consequences' that could result. This film managed not to be arrogantly preachy. It was just your basic drive-in monster movie. I love it when movies just play out the story with out spelling out the set up or true intent of the picture. This was one of the first classic stories that felt like it was meant purely for entertainment. The story is a good simple one that just start, as if the story is already being told and we just peeked in during the crucial moments of these peoples lives. It was not over acted, well by 50's standards the melodrama was down played. The monster stays in the shadows except during crucial moments, so the fact that the creature looks cheap is excusable. It is a cool classic b-movie that I had never seen and I actually enjoyed it.

• Jan 11, 2013

A beast ruins the plans of a gang trying to pull off a major gold heist in the mountains. Dull campy low budget horror that just drags and drags and is heavily diluted by awful sub plots that get nowhere.

• Jul 31, 2012

For all it was just over an hour long it felt liked it went on a whole lot longer! The film lacked quite a lot of excitement and build as the entire middle section just felt like badly acted mindless drivel, with very little focus on a monster and more on the bank robbers... The final ten minutes however brought the focus too the beast but it was too little to late to save this one!