Bedknobs and Broomsticks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bedknobs and Broomsticks Reviews

½ October 8, 2016
I couldn't get into this at all. Just too cheesy and uninteresting.
September 19, 2016
Still holds up as a great family film. The magical element combined with the WW2 scenario works well.
½ August 15, 2016
A very cute movie but with really choppy editing and if you want a very entertaining cut of the film, watch the 2001 restored cut. Overall the songs are pretty catchy but it feels a little dated, but still overall a delightful movie to watch for the whole family.
August 8, 2016
My love for this tremendous film runs on pure nostalgia and admiration. Maybe the most underrated film ever made!
½ August 6, 2016
Ever think... Hey, what if The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe wasn't a stuffy metaphor for Christianity? Well here ya go.
Better yet, the children and Murder She Wrote actually help "root the jerrys" instead of hiding in a closet with a naked goat man.
It is a musical however, 1/2 deduction for unnecessary use of song.
½ July 13, 2016
A literal replica of "Mary Poppins" with some amount of both the same sort of grandness and magical charm, but it'd focused more on the quantity of showcases rather than overall quality whilst attempted to push the special effects bar through a somewhat dullish animated sequence and roughening edges. Nevertheless, it's still a typical Disney picture to enjoy. (B)

(Full review TBD)
July 12, 2016
Another brilliant movie that marked my childhood, with "Ghostbusters" and "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", I have very good memories of this I made it go very well every time I saw it on video, I was excited and I was captivated with its musical numbers, the magical powers that made move objects or transported anywhere in the world on a bed, outdated worthy of Academy Award special effects and tender and funny story full of sweet and happy moments that touched the heart and I plunged into the world of dreams, laughter, music and magic.
I still really enjoy driving her to see on DVD and making me remember those wonderful years when he was very young and enjoyed, for me the best moment of the whole movie is and will remain the Battle of living armor fighting German soldiers the soccer game with animals was fine but the armor will fight is the one I like best of all, still excites me and fun when I see again that sequence makes me feel as if I still had six years I hope that there are still parents in the world who put their children this jewel of children's films instead of wasting time and lives with bullshit Shin-Chan, so let ponedles this movie that is sure most kids enjoy a weekend with this wonder, if you will not regret !.
March 28, 2016
Bedknobs and Broomsticks has some very memorable moments, but the pacing of this children's movie is a little off. Clocking in at 139 minutes, this film takes its time to get the ball rolling, which is not something you want when you're watching it with your kids. Luckily, the songs, the spells and the animated soccer game re-claimed their attention. They could have shaved 30 minutes off this movie and it would have been better for it.
½ March 25, 2016
What an Old cracker, never tire of watching these family films
February 20, 2016
An enchanting movie that takes you to all sorts of magical places. I love the pairing of Angela Lansbury and David Tomlinson in this musical fantasy. The songs by the Sherman Brothers are fun and memorable as per usual. It's a wonderful family film. (First full viewing - 1/2/2009)
December 23, 2015
Delightfully British! With great performances from Angela Lansbury, David Tomlinson, and the children, and with catchy music from the Sherman brothers, this movie is a lot of fun!
December 2, 2015
A fun and odd classic that is interesting to watch.
October 7, 2015
One of my favorite movies from my childhood. The mixture of adventure, magic and danger with a splash of comedy leaves the viewer with a fulfilled moment of giddiness.
½ September 14, 2015
B&B is more underwhelming than straight-up "bad". Being so clearly a run-off from the enormous financial and critical success of Mary Poppins, it can't help but pale in comparison. The casting is the biggest problem; no one quite fits their roles, especially the two adult leads. Nonetheless, there is some nice fantasy-based humor that helps propel this mostly ho-hum Disney musical.
September 11, 2015
briliant real animation film from the disney studios
August 3, 2015
a good movie fron many years ago
July 24, 2015
One of my favorite Disney movies ever.
July 16, 2015
A little padded out, but the magic and two lead performances makes it all pretty watchable.