Bedknobs and Broomsticks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bedknobs and Broomsticks Reviews

½ July 13, 2016
A literal replica of "Mary Poppins" with some amount of both the same sort of grandness and magical charm, but it'd focused more on the quantity of showcases rather than overall quality whilst attempted to push the special effects bar through a somewhat dullish animated sequence and roughening edges. Nevertheless, it's still a typical Disney picture to enjoy. (B)

(Full review TBD)
July 12, 2016
Another brilliant movie that marked my childhood, with "Ghostbusters" and "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", I have very good memories of this I made it go very well every time I saw it on video, I was excited and I was captivated with its musical numbers, the magical powers that made move objects or transported anywhere in the world on a bed, outdated worthy of Academy Award special effects and tender and funny story full of sweet and happy moments that touched the heart and I plunged into the world of dreams, laughter, music and magic.
I still really enjoy driving her to see on DVD and making me remember those wonderful years when he was very young and enjoyed, for me the best moment of the whole movie is and will remain the Battle of living armor fighting German soldiers the soccer game with animals was fine but the armor will fight is the one I like best of all, still excites me and fun when I see again that sequence makes me feel as if I still had six years I hope that there are still parents in the world who put their children this jewel of children's films instead of wasting time and lives with bullshit Shin-Chan, so let ponedles this movie that is sure most kids enjoy a weekend with this wonder, if you will not regret !.
March 28, 2016
Bedknobs and Broomsticks has some very memorable moments, but the pacing of this children's movie is a little off. Clocking in at 139 minutes, this film takes its time to get the ball rolling, which is not something you want when you're watching it with your kids. Luckily, the songs, the spells and the animated soccer game re-claimed their attention. They could have shaved 30 minutes off this movie and it would have been better for it.
½ March 25, 2016
What an Old cracker, never tire of watching these family films
February 20, 2016
An enchanting movie that takes you to all sorts of magical places. I love the pairing of Angela Lansbury and David Tomlinson in this musical fantasy. The songs by the Sherman Brothers are fun and memorable as per usual. It's a wonderful family film. (First full viewing - 1/2/2009)
December 23, 2015
Delightfully British! With great performances from Angela Lansbury, David Tomlinson, and the children, and with catchy music from the Sherman brothers, this movie is a lot of fun!
December 2, 2015
A fun and odd classic that is interesting to watch.
October 7, 2015
One of my favorite movies from my childhood. The mixture of adventure, magic and danger with a splash of comedy leaves the viewer with a fulfilled moment of giddiness.
½ September 14, 2015
B&B is more underwhelming than straight-up "bad". Being so clearly a run-off from the enormous financial and critical success of Mary Poppins, it can't help but pale in comparison. The casting is the biggest problem; no one quite fits their roles, especially the two adult leads. Nonetheless, there is some nice fantasy-based humor that helps propel this mostly ho-hum Disney musical.
September 11, 2015
briliant real animation film from the disney studios
August 3, 2015
a good movie fron many years ago
July 24, 2015
One of my favorite Disney movies ever.
July 16, 2015
A little padded out, but the magic and two lead performances makes it all pretty watchable.
½ July 4, 2015
An uneven, overlong and sometimes dull Disney movie that tries to follow in the footsteps of Mary Poppins, the main difference being that none of the songs is remotely memorable (in fact, most of the musical numbers are annoying) and the last act is just terrible.
½ June 9, 2015
Yes I like Bedknobs & Broomsticks! Its got a soccer match with talking animals.
Its got Angela Lansbury using her magical witch powers to kick the Nazi's asses. The movie is freggin awesome. You wanna make something of it?
½ May 10, 2015
We don't want to go to London in an unmade bed.

Great Britain is under constant threat of being invaded by the Germans. A woman at an orphanage of sorts gives a witch three children to watch and protect in case of invasion. The witch takes the kids on a ride to London to find a conman that has the final words of a spell that will give Britain a weapon to stop the Germans. The conman doesn't have all of the words and will work with the kids and witch to finalize the spell...but will it be in time?

"Fish don't talk."
"He's not too bright, is he?"
"He's my brother."
"I'm sorry."

Robert Stevenson, director of Jane Eyre, Marry Poppins, The Love Bug, Old Yeller, Johnny Tremain, Herbie Rides Again, To the Ends of the Earth, Jack of All Trades, and The Forbidden Past, delivers Bedknobs and Broomsticks. The storyline for this picture is very well written and compelling. I adored how the animation was mixed in with the live action. The acting was also very good and the cast includes Angela Lansbury, Roger McDowell, David Tomlinson, and Sam Jaffe.

"Let the match begin!"

My daughter received this DVD for Easter and we recently watched this gem together. I actually didn't think she'd like it but she actually loved it! She watched it beginning to end and adored this classic masterpiece. This is an underrated film in this genre and I recommend giving it a shot with your kids!

"Poison Dragon's Liver."

Grade: A
January 3, 2015
I remember this movie from when I was very young (I'm 30 now) the unfortunate thing about people reviewing this movie is that most will hold it to todays standard of children film. That is quite unfair. Movies that are this old should be compared with other movies and the film quality of the time it was made. now this movie was made in 1971 that alone puts it after Disney, so we should stop comparing it to Mary Poppins, a film which Disney in large part had a hand in making. As for the music well that honestly is judged from personal preference to personal preference. I watched it somewhat recently and viewed it as charming in some of the scores and others I will admit to be a tad long winded, but then again I like songs that are more fast pace than what many musicals do. My favorite song is still the song and dance number on Portabelo Road, as it was when I was little. Lol I can still hum it. The thing that was still new and many films that catered to children had animation and live action spliced together. I always find this amazing in old movies because today it's far to easy to do, anyone who halfway decent with a camera and computer can do it. Back then however that took real skill. Finally many people complain about the film quality. Honestly now even Marry Poppins has bad film quality by todays standard. Sorry if I bothered anyone with my post. I enjoyed this film as a child and just felt it was being treated unfairly due to ignorance and lack of consideration of facts. So please forgive my biased nature.
December 14, 2014
Hadn't watched this since I was a kid, it's so much fun! Great special effects, and looks stunning on blu-Ray. Well worth watching!
November 11, 2014
Warmed over Mary Poppins with ho hum acting and script and no memorable songs. The kids may like it, but it has not aged well at all.