372 le Matin (Betty Blue) (37.2 Degrees in the Morning) Reviews

• Jul 22, 2020

Beineix is interested in color and texture and bodies and skin. Which is fine, except, that's literally it. And the three hours of Betty Blue, trying as they might, cannot sustain any of those four things for more than, you know, ten minutes? (Although, the film wasn't always this long- this is the extended director's cut). The tease of more works up to a point (your milage will no doubt vary, but let's drop a pin at the midway point), but sooner or later, the frustration sinks in that with this movie, you can't get no satisfaction. Though it tries. And it tries. And it tries. And it tries.

• Mar 29, 2020

Almost dream like shots, shows France as it is with wonderful camera work. A tale of love, passion and heartache. Great musical score and fantastic acting all round. Has to be in my top ten, nah top five

• Mar 16, 2020

There is something tragically beautiful with 37.2 le matin but isn't that life? I sympathize with Betty's temperament and in awe with zorg's compassion towards the women he loves. Cinematography is breathtaking many great shots in the film the sexual scenes in the movie captured the rawness. The thing is it wasn't trying to be sexual it seemed real and genuine . A lot of the feelings in the scenes were a little too familiar to me in my own life. By far has been one of my top ten favorite movies it has moved me in tears and laughter. This lovely disaster of a film has a special place to me.

• Nov 10, 2019

Great story and Beatrice Dalle is enthralling in the role of Betty.

Great story and Beatrice Dalle is enthralling in the role of Betty.

• Jul 13, 2019

I stayed indifferent to that movie after the viewing; all this craziness and out-of-handness is pretty tiresome after you've seen a lot of it in the movies. The lack of responsibility, acting on the impulse of your heart or emotions is not how true happiness can be achieved, no matter how the directors will paint it with bright romantic colors.

• Oct 02, 2018

Driven by strong central performances the film survives occasional wrong turns to deliver a moving love story as it moves inevitably to its destructive conclusion.

• Jul 08, 2018

There's a case to be made for saying that this film could not be made today without being vilified by the most upstanding members of our community. For that reason alone it is as it was a moment of pure fictional escapism into a tormented world that doesn't exist, where madness, sex and love clash like the discordant abrasive soundtrack, and joy radiates off its use of bright contrasting colours, from the pink and blue of the opening optimism, to the crimson red of the bloody end. Like 2001 A Space Odyssey, a film which is more than the sum of its individual, sometimes flawed parts.

• Feb 02, 2018

Beautiful. Evethought at first I felt the film was going nowhere until I realized that was the point. Just a couple beign a couple with an inevitable ending that breaks you. I trully love this film, one of the gratest romantics stories I had the opportunity to watch.

• Jun 12, 2017

A sad and poignant story about a handyman who falls in love with an emotionally disturbed woman. He also writes in his spare time. The relationship starts off fine and she encourages him to work on his writing and to seek out a publisher for his writing. Over time her mental state becomes worse and she ends up in a mental institution.

• Apr 10, 2017

3 hours of madness, loved it!

3 hours of madness, loved it!