Billy Wilder Speaks Reviews

• May 12, 2016

A wonderful chance to meet one of the greatest film directors of all times. Moving and clarifying interview.

• Apr 03, 2012

Director Volker Schlöndorff conducted a series of interviews with Hollywood icon Billy Wilder, covering most all of his career, everything rom working with Marilyn Monroe on "Some Like it Hot" and "The Sever Year It" to his classic films like "The Apartment," "Sunset Boulevard," "Stalag 17," "Double Indemnity" and even some of his lesser appreciated films. I'm a huge Wilder fan, so it's a treat to hear his behind-the-scenes stories in his own quirky voice. However, the film really does not present any new insights and did not reveal any stories I hadn't already read about in other Wilder interviews, so that aspect of the film was disappointing. However, if you're a fan of classic Hollywood or a fan of Wilder, this film is certainly worth checking out.

• Dec 17, 2011

It's alot of fun seeing a director this freakishly talented talking so candidly about his life in film. They don't ask questions about big moments in his life or even follow his life for that matter. They just talk about his films and the people he worked with. If you dig Wilder or his films at all see this one.

• Jun 10, 2010

• May 03, 2010

great doc on 1 of my fave writer/directors.

great doc on 1 of my fave writer/directors.

• May 03, 2010

Jumps around too much...poorly edited. Glad an interview with Billy Wilder is out there though!

• Nov 01, 2009

Wilder is funny, and while I learned a lot of German swearwords, I learned less about making movies.

• Jun 14, 2009

• Apr 17, 2009

rare interview with one of the best directors ever and great insight into how his movies were made ... also some nice details on Monroe and Dietrich

• Nov 07, 2008

Very interestingly put together and composed... Wilder's an interesting guy to listen to. There's not a ton of insight here that can't be read on IMDb, but still, fun to watch.