Bird Box Reviews

• 5d ago

Fresh creative heart-pumping thriller.

Fresh creative heart-pumping thriller.

• 6d ago

Screenplay is innovative, but some parts of the film fall short

Screenplay is innovative, but some parts of the film fall short

• Mar 26, 2020

I think I would have rated this higher if I hadn't seen A Quiet Place first. The level of tension there hit me harder, but I saw it in the theater, so maybe that was the difference.

• Mar 25, 2020

i failed to see what the fuss was about this movie.

i failed to see what the fuss was about this movie.

• Mar 23, 2020

Started out great but quickly went downhill.

Started out great but quickly went downhill.

• Mar 21, 2020

Don't get me wrong, it's certainly not perfect, but I honestly have to admit that Bird Box deeply captivated me for two solid hours.

• Mar 15, 2020

Some interesting moments, but overall this movie is predictable, confusing, lazy, and unsatisfying.

• Mar 14, 2020

testing the limit of parent - child trust

testing the limit of parent - child trust

• Mar 12, 2020

The setup was in place to create something special and unique, and it mostly did. -Go

• Mar 10, 2020

Did people see another version of this movie that I didn't see? Because this film was so bad I couldn't finish it. The premise of the film is simple and forward, but fails on delivery. Hard. Sure, "Bird Box" isn't "A Quiet Place," but non-book readers won't be able to tell the difference. Nor do they care. This film lacked actual monsters and the characters face an entity they never see. Much less makes sense. Are the entities aliens or supernatural beings? The movie stays in the middle the whole time and never answers our questions. Rules that seem to make sense get broken later in the film. Random twists and turns get added to build "suspense" but end up annoying the audience instead. Though the lineup is great, the cast that lacks real chemistry. Each character is lazily killed off until we're left with Bullock and her two UNNAMED children. I guess the plot is so badly thought out they forgot to give them names. Effects were alright at best. But cliched and don't deserve applause. Finally, the namesake of the film, bird boxes, get introduced late into the film. The bird boxes themselves add little besides build suspense. The film does no justice in explaining if other animals are able to sense the antagonists either. What makes the birds so special? .5/5. I'm surprised at how Netflix-directed movies are one category that can consistently disappoint.