Blade Runner (The Final Cut) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade Runner (The Final Cut) Reviews

September 1, 2017
A Sci-fi classic and definitely one of Ridley Scott's greatest films next to Alien. I loved the original theatrical cut and didn't mind the narration from Ford but the Final Cut is definitely a superior cut and makes this film the masterpiece that it is.
½ September 1, 2017
Doesn't get much better than this folks! A Sci-Fi film that is almost perfect. The Final Cut version of this film released in 2007 is definitely the definitive version of the movie and the way to go. The film takes place in 2019 where we follow a Blade Runner (a type of cop that goes after Replicants {androids}) named Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford) who is chasing after four replicants that have someone come to Earth. Replicants are outlawed because of a coup a group of them did on an off world colony and it's up to Deckard to get to the source of all of this. The film has Deckard uncovering some dark secret involving the Tyrell Corporation and another replicant named Rachael (Sean Young). The film is very much a film noire inspired piece and it has some of the best sets I've ever seen. There's action and there's a sense of mystery including questioning Deckards own background. The film definitely dives into what life is and who's responsibility it falls on to police that kind of thought process. It's really well done and while I do question some of the relationship plot points between Rachael and Deckard it's a film that works as a great Sci-Fi story. Definitely, give this one a look before the sequel comes out next month!
½ August 29, 2017
Like tears in rain..
August 28, 2017
Awesome! This movie gets better with each watch, though I think this is the first time I've seen the final cut!
August 9, 2017
I have stressed often over what I was / had been missing, come to find out the only thing missing is the 2 hours I spent enduring "Blade Runner".
July 31, 2017
I want to be a cowboy
½ July 29, 2017
Somewhat slow in comparison to other movies, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily bad.
July 28, 2017
One of the best Science fiction movies ever made!
July 16, 2017
Brill, film, brill score which I still play today
June 19, 2017
Just watched this classic for the first time and loved it. Super weird but good nonetheless. Ridley Scott rarely disappoints.
June 14, 2017
The Perfect Sci-Fi Movie. It was way ahead of its time and continues to stand the test of time. Its a truly five-star movie, 100% certified fresh.
June 11, 2017
Another Ridley Scott visual masterpiece. He's made one or two duds, like Exodus:Gods and Kings, but Blade Runner is timeless. It's definitely still worth seeing on the big screen today, especially the Final Cut, and possibly as a marathon with the new remake that's coming out.
June 7, 2017
An underappreciated modern classic.
May 23, 2017
'Blade Runner' is one of the most defining science fiction films in cinematic history, and Harrison Ford is perfect.
May 23, 2017
Uninteresting characters, slow, and an all around waste of time. If you didn't watch it when it was originally released, don't watch it now. It may have been great in 1982, but doesn't stand up today.
May 21, 2017
The Final Cut of 'Blade Runner' is the version to see. I am sometimes wary of a director going back and re-editing her or his film (please ignore the director's cut of 'Alien'), but this is the definitive version of 'Blade Runner'. Ridley Scott brilliantly mixes sci-fi landscapes with a gritty noir feel. Harrison Ford brings a vulnerability to the hard-boiled detective archetype as he questions whether or not he is actually on the side of the good guys. Scott is probably one of the best sci-fi film directors around and this is a movie not to miss.
May 20, 2017
Ridley scott captures the feel of a gritty, depressing and bleak futuristic world. Blade runner sees harrison ford on the trail to hunt down three robots who have came to earth to try and prolong their life. Because these said robots are illegal on earth because of their previously proven unstable nature they have blade runners take them down. This film was a delightful sci fi film that was plain weird, dark and somewhat beautiful. A great sci fi classic fresh out of the eighties.
May 19, 2017
I couldn't tell you what I would think if I saw it for the first time today. Obviously it has a lot of "the 80's" in it that may or may not hold up. What I can tell you though, is that it had such a stylish and immersive feel, that it impacted me like no other movie has. A dark sci-fi film noir, with strange, yet unforgettable characters.

If you like Sci-fi and/or dark stylish movies, you owe it to yourself to give this classic a shot.
May 11, 2017
The director's cut is the (slightly) better version, but its worth seeing both.
½ March 25, 2017
It has to be the final cut. No retirement.

4.5/5