Blade Runner (The Final Cut) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade Runner (The Final Cut) Reviews

½ October 27, 2016
Very slow with typical sci fi themes. Probably had expectations that were too high
September 29, 2016
A masterpiece for the eye & the ear!
September 4, 2016
Absolutely perfect. Ridley Scott didn't cut corners with this edited version. It's practically flawless and really improves the cult classic's quality.
½ August 19, 2016
Spectacular, riveting, troubling, and a work of genius.
August 17, 2016
I've always struggled this one. I've seen the original cut, then I saw the Director's cut in the 90's and now I've seen the "Final Cut". It's an interesting Sci-Fi Noir. It's really hard for me what to make of this movie. It has very cool special effects for it's time, but then I find myself not really caring what is happening on the screen. I struggle with this one, but I ultimately give it 4 stars.
August 13, 2016
Simply put, no other film can possibly compare with it's aesthetic. The cinematography combined with an ambient soundtrack provided by Vangelis creates an atmosphere as deep as the plot. Go to any film school and you can expect to spend a good week talking about this movie. Despite being a product of 1982, it hasn't aged a minute and modern contemporaries fail miserably in contrast. There are precious few movies of this caliber and I know several people who claim it as their all time favorite film. It's certainly in my top 3. This isn't a star wars type of science fiction. Ridley Scott said he wanted this movie, "Dripping with graphics" (of the non-digital variety) and did he ever deliver! While other films show a futuristic set seemingly built the day before, Blade Runner shows an incredibly "lived in" world. Rife with the imperfections of human nature, yet gorgeous in it's moments. Words can't truly describe the depth of this film. A once in a lifetime movie truly. It holds the crown to most sampled movie in music, which should come as no surprise to any who have seen it. If you haven't seen Blade Runner (I've seen it the better part of a hundred times), you're in for a wonderful treat. Sit back...and soak up all that this legendary film has to offer!
½ August 12, 2016
(Second time watching it) Interesting movie. Based on the book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Philip K. Dick.

Living in a place, the off-world, where humans and replicants (androids) live side-by-side. Not knowing if the person is a human being or a product. Also, seeing the things that the replicants will do in order to have a longer life expectancy while being chased by the Blade Runner.
August 7, 2016
An absolute stellar film from start to finish, it engages visually, story-wise and gives enough action and Horror to make this one of the most complete movies ever made!
July 19, 2016
An underappreciated modern classic.
July 6, 2016
Every version of this movie is great, but "The Final Cut" is the most complete version of one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made.
June 29, 2016
Cleaned-up and scrubbed, arguably the best sci-fi film-noir of all time.
June 4, 2016
A true Sci Fi Classic that helped define Film Noir.
May 31, 2016
Ridley Scott took an average movie and elevated it to one of the greatest ever made with this masterpiece of a final cut.
May 10, 2016
Sci-fi at its absolute finest.
April 30, 2016
A cinematic masterpiece, it stands the test of time and still dazzles audiences today. Philip k. Dick was right with his ideas of what's real, but never has it fit the scene more than here, and Ridley Scott perfected his original idea. It's beautiful, mysterious, well composed, acted, scripted and it will never be matched by anyone.
March 22, 2016
An exceptional film; not at all what I expected. For those in the younger generations, there are specific pieces that make this film intriguing; signs such as Atari or Pan Am dot the film, lending eerie splashes of color to a otherwise dark-hued dystopian future. A great performance by Ford et al. I give the movie four stars because I think it would be much better on a larger screen. If you have a friend with a 60", take advantage.
March 22, 2016
All the subtle edits, removal of Ford's narration, the cut of the happy ending and the addition of a Unicorn dream are just enough to make this cut the definitive masterwork many call it!
March 19, 2016
It's moody and visceral. The world building is terrific, and I love it that the bad guys are sympathetic-everyone is sympathetic. But it's best to watch the version without the voiceover, which makes me cringe, and takes me out of the movie.
March 19, 2016
Yeah, pretty excellent. The precursor for so many sci fis to follow
March 6, 2016
My all time favorite. A sci-fi story with a spiritual perspective. Great films are worth seeing again and this one is in that category. "All those moments will be lost in time..."