Blade Runner 2049 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade Runner 2049 Reviews

January 23, 2019
The best movie of the last 10 years. Ciberpunk AWESOME
January 23, 2019
A visual masterpiece with a plot that nods to the original without completely relying on it. New characters are well written. Environments are fleshed out, and the set designs are incredibly detailed. Soundtrack meshes with the visual in perfect harmony. A true break-through for Sci-Fi films in the 21st century. Still able to keep an art house feel despite being a big budget movie. Highly recommend to watch it with boxxy software app.
January 22, 2019
A bit too long but way much better than the first one
January 16, 2019
One of the best films to come out in 2017 with great visuals once again in a Blade Runner film, and great performances by both Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford. The direction by Denis Villeneuve showed that he was the perfect director for a Blade Runner sequel that may be even better than the original.
½ January 13, 2019
What was this? The original is a masterpiece, 2049 pales in comparison. It looks like it was filmed in an Apple store.
January 11, 2019
It looks pretty. But the plot is kinda confusing. The ideas are cool, but the movie is slow and close to 3 hours long. Ryan Gossling's performance was roboty which is good, and it was nice to see Harrison Ford. Only watch it if you know what you're in for.
½ January 10, 2019
A sequel worthy of the name Blade Runner, this is a film that casts a spell if you'll let it, not least due to the spellbinding music, production design and cinematography. Villeneuve opens up the world of the first film, but always stays true to it, delivering a measured, thoughtful and beautiful science fiction film for a new generation to treasure.
½ January 9, 2019
Visually stunning with a brilliant narrative that keeps you attached the screen at all times. Blade Runner might be a near perfect sequel and could be argued to be better than the original. Denis Villeneuve is showing to be one of the most talented directors to date.
½ January 9, 2019
Better than the first one but honestly that doesn't say much.
½ January 8, 2019
Sure it looks nice. Roger Deakins is a master of his craft. But Ridley Scott did not trust his audience at all. Every plot point moved 15 mins too slow. Incredibly frustrating to be ahead of the plot points wondering when the film would catch up. Amazing what being more decisive in the edit bay will do for a film. Cutting out the last 15 mins of each scene would've saved this film. But knowing how the first one went there will likely be a director cut, producers cut, an ultimate cut, and more. So maybe this film can still be fixed.
½ January 8, 2019
Bland, boring movie. Very long and story is not interesting in the slightest. Would not recommend to anyone.
January 8, 2019
Personally my most favourite film of all.
Didn't expect it to be even better than the original.
Nothing more to say: everyone should watch this great piece of art at least once.
½ January 6, 2019
The visuals are incredible and eye appeasing, the stunning musical score really sent shivers down my spine that is of corse until, someone throws a chair on set and expects it to act. Que Ryan (the chair, Gosling). How does this guy keep to get ruining otherwise fine films? Would have given it 5/5 had it not been for the wooden acting of Gosling.
January 5, 2019
Well that was long, and visually wonderful. Isn't CGI great? Not much to the plot and frankly I was bored. Remind me to stay away from long science fiction films. Final Score: 5.9/10
January 5, 2019
A great film in every way, however some may find it too slow.
January 4, 2019
I honestly did not think you could improve on the original, but this film exceeded all my expectations! In fact I prefer it to the first!
January 3, 2019
while this film is an ok sequel to blade runner, it also kinda insults the original and diminishes it`strue value.
January 3, 2019
A better sequel than I could ever have hoped for. Goes in directions I never suspected, and tackles some of the decade old debates giving new clues but not really ending them. Visually amazing, and the best work out of Harrison Ford in years. I'll be seeing it again soon.
½ January 2, 2019
One of my favorites films from 2017. A visually stunning film with great performances, but to me some of the plot's elements were kind of weak. I think fans of the first film were expecting to see the first film again or a grand epic. I really enjoyed it even though it wasn't what I was expecting. I believe Ryan Gosling was the perfect actor to play Officer /k/ due the experience he has had with films like Lars and the Real Girl and Drive.
January 1, 2019
Blade Runner was a film that I thought was... okay. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. I thought it was a decent sci-fi movie. So, going into the sequel, I didn't expect much. Boy, was I wrong. The acting is amazing. The effects are beautiful. The story is magnificent. The world that these films created is awesome.
I didn't know what the story was going to be going into this movie. The trailers didn't tell me much. So, I was very surprised while watching the movie. The movie is almost 3 hours long, but I was never bored. I was constantly intrigued, wanting to know what was going to happen next. I cared about the characters. I assumed the movie would end the way they were setting things up to be, but it didn't (if you have seen the film, you know what I mean). That, I think, is really cool. The movie ends the way you don't expect it to. It took a risk, and succeeded.
This is an amazing work of art, from the writing, to the directing, to the acting, and to the effects. I highly recommend this film.