Blood Sisters Reviews

• Oct 09, 2014

This was bad. I knew it would be bad, but I didn't expect it to be quite this terrible. This was Doom Asylum bad. I'm pretty sure this movie was shot in only like one week with a small crew with barely a script to use. How do I know this? Well, there are scenes where two characters talk to each other in the same room, but the camera cuts to them in different parts of the room (so basically, it cuts back and forth between the two like they shot their scenes separately as opposed to together). There are also takes where it cuts to daytime shots while running in the nighttime because that was possibly the only b-roll they had. I can understand such constraints, but this is supposed to be a feature film. As far as the movie, it has a promising plot, but doesn't really deliver, not even in the "so bad it's good" department. It's just too boring. The only part I was laughing was near the end when one of the characters drops her glasses while another character is being killed. Then she walks out of the room and trips over the bannister and falls to her death. I can't really explain it in detail, it's just one of the more absurd deaths I've seen in a movie and it has some awesome dummy falling action. The ending is dumb and really makes no sense. It would make sense if there weren't ghosts, but what was the point of the ghosts if there was a killer in the house? It felt cheap and there are too many "mommy issues" killers in slasher movies. This is just another one and kind of falls in line with the rest of them (though much worse). Not worth watching.

• Nov 22, 2013

So hilariously, but entertainingly bad.

So hilariously, but entertainingly bad.

• Jan 04, 2012

Not the best of its kind but was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. Cool Movie.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Oct 07, 2011

Although I liked the ending, this movie meandered quite a bit, and got really boring from time to time. The characters were especially dull, the actors were horrible. If they had a better cast and some more gore, this could have been a good movie.

• May 05, 2011

The best (but also the only) "haunted whorehouse" movie I have seen.

The best (but also the only) "haunted whorehouse" movie I have seen.

• Dec 29, 2010

A pretty basic sororoty girls in the haunted house movie. A better then usual characters, but the effects were cheap and so was the script. Ending was little suprise, with its cynisism. Amy Brentano was the only name here as the sorority girls leader, who has some laughs on other girls.

• Apr 18, 2010

Another fairly blah slasher flick, though this one at least has a few boobs to recommend it, but not by much. The DVD is made slightly more palatable by the Joe Bob Briggs commentary, which dishes out much info about a bunch of folks who I would imagine are largely forgotten by the cinematic world, except for director Roberta Findlay. Her, I'd at least heard of before. It might be worth a rental for Joe Bob, otherwise you can probably pass.

• Jan 03, 2009

Great Commentary, Movie still sucks though.

Great Commentary, Movie still sucks though.

• Oct 17, 2008

Dreadfully boring and dull sorority-babes-stuck-in-haunted-house-with-psycho-serial-killer film. A group of "sexy" (bullshit) coeds are forced to spend the night in a haunted brothel as part of a initiation, only they are unaware of several things: 1.) the House is booby trapped by the local frat douches, 2.) the house is haunted by ugly prostitutes, and 3.) the house is also inhabited by a unseen serial killer (winds up being pretty lame at the end. The acting, dialog, scares, and "effects" are downright terrible, but it's expected from exploitation director Roberta Findlay, who is usually really good at making sleaze films (The Tenement is a good one!), however, this film never takes off for me. Look for director John Fasano (director of the equally bad but much more entertaining Rock & Roll Nightmare and Black Roses) in a bit part as a scared frat dude; possibly the highlight of this film.

• Apr 03, 2008

Hilariously bad, but well worth watching. I enjoyed every badly acted, poorly shot and lame "scare." The prostitute ghosts are priceless.