Blow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blow Reviews

October 2, 2016
10/10 the true story of George jung. America's biggest coke mule. jonny Depp is amazing.
September 8, 2016
Imagine the nicest, coolest goofy guy in the world is your cocaine dealer and he's built an empire and shares it with you. Imagine he gets totally screwed by everyone around him in the process. This is an incredible story and I'm sure he's not as cool in real as he appears to be in this film, but most people that get to make a film about their lives paint themselves in a much prettier light than the one they actually stand under. Even still, the is an epic journey that I see repeatedly stolen in modern films today. If your a filmmaker, you should study this film. If your a cocaine loving drug addict, enjoy this film. If you're just someone looking to be throughly entertained for the night by a fascinating drama, watch this film. One of Johnny Depps best performances ever.
September 1, 2016
Man, I want to see this so bad!
August 26, 2016
Love this movie about a real drug dealer and the life he had before and after the drug. Love the movie, Jonny Depp is great he portrays the real smuggler very well!
August 24, 2016
Blow is an excellent absorbing crime drama with a good cast. Depp is good, but his smaller bit players like the actress who plays his Mom or Diego or Paul Reubens are very memorable too. The movie paints the crime smuggler in a sympathetic light, which may ring false to some but ultimately its a well acted drama with a talented cast. Cliff Curtis and Emma Roberts were good too.
July 18, 2016
Surprisingly powerful.
July 7, 2016
A far from spectacular but comfortably above-par biopic: never really fascinating and with emotional stakes not particularly high, but it will keep you guessing as to what will eventually happen right until the end. It is boosted considerably by a very good Johnny Depp, aided by Ray Liotta. On the other hand, Penelope Cruz and Rachel Griffiths are annoying to death. The final scene was handled in a wonderful manner, prioritizing not melodrama but words and images that speak to the heart.
½ June 27, 2016
One of my all time favorites.
½ June 26, 2016
So, in the end, was it worth it? Jesus Christ. How irreparably changed my life has become. It's always the last day of summer and I've left out in the cold with no door to get back in. I'll grant you, I've had more than my share of poignant moments. Life passes more people by while they're making grand plans for it. Throughout my life time, I've left pieces of my heart here and there. And now there's almost not enough to stay alive. But I force a smile.. knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent.. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door..
June 22, 2016
Based on the true story of George Jung, the man who established the American cocaine market in the 1970s. Pretty crazy to think this is a true story, but the drug trade is a helluva thing. Awesome, awesome movie. Despite what you think about Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, this is the best performance of his career to date. The script and feel of the film perfectly capture the chaos of being one of the "big whigs" in the drug trade. Right up there with Scarface in terms of "drug trade crime films." Do not miss this one.
May 23, 2016
89% Johnny Depp fits the role perfectly of an uneventful life as a drug dealer in this highly entertaining and emotional drama.
½ May 6, 2016
Man, this is some serious fuckup. The best thing I get out of this movie is, "if ambitions far exceeds your talent, you have a reason to smile" and "life passes most people by while they are making grand plans for it."
½ March 22, 2016
Entertaining crime flick based on the real life story of George Jung.
March 21, 2016
Classic, pure and simple.
½ March 20, 2016
I felt like it was a great Scorsese film that was missing the director Martin Scorsese.
February 10, 2016
The old school reviews are mixed, at best. The critiques of some copycat filmmaking do look legit, however, it's well-done. And shot-styles are lifted all the time. It doesn't bother me generally, unless there's too much lifting. This one gets close to that line. The performances are pretty good. The story of Jung is fascinating and fairly well told.
January 6, 2016
Falls apart in the second half. Doesn't show his rise in the Cocaine world.
½ December 3, 2015
Non che il film abbia qualcosa che non va... č proprio la storia a non avermi presa pių di tanto!
September 19, 2015
One of my all time favorites.
August 29, 2015
This movie was some type of reward. I've got no interest in watching it.