Blue Chips - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blue Chips Reviews

October 13, 2016
I see what they were goon for but the execution was poor. With minor changes the movie would've been great but overall it's a decent movie to watch at least once.
½ September 28, 2016
Nolte is great and the players were pretty entertaining. Makes you wonder about what college sports programs.
May 10, 2016
3 out of 5. Needed a better ending.
March 18, 2016
Nick Nolte stars as a basketball college coach Pete Bell in Blue Chips. After his first losing season, he decides to grease the wheels some and acquire three hot new stars for his team. When the players and alumni he bonded with start asking questions and handouts he finds himself trapped and full of regret of what he had done for the game he loves. Blue Chips is a decent basketball movie that has good cameos and a typical performance by Nolte, but does not have the right elements and direction to really take off.
½ June 30, 2015
The most realistic portrayal of the recruiting world in the early 90s. Nolte's moral dilemma feels real and I bought it
½ April 19, 2015
I can't believe this pulp is a Friedkin movie.
March 27, 2015
A character asks if Shaquille O'Neal can rebound.
½ March 11, 2015
The screenplay is a cobbled-together mess of shallow stereotypes, disingenuous nobility, and spit-spewing Nolte "goddamnits." And worse yet, Friedkin directs the actual games -- a built-in escape from the Frankensteinian script -- with a clumsy callousness that betrays the essence and beauty of basketball. This movie is a train wreck.
½ January 2, 2015
Nick Nolte is fantastic in this controversial film based on true events. This film doesn't glorify the events that take place but is true. The added perk of having O'Neill makes this film enjoyable.
½ March 17, 2014
A complete editing mess.
March 13, 2014
Great ass basketball movie.
August 4, 2013
A good entertaining movie
July 9, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
July 3, 2013
"Win at any and all costs.."
June 20, 2013
This is a really good, basketball film. Lots of intense on the court scenes, the plot keeps the movie going and so do the actors. Nolte always plays the jerk well, so he was born for this role in my book.
April 26, 2013
a really admirable performances by nick nolte
½ March 12, 2013
For some reason back in 1994 I really wanted to see this as it looked like I would enjoy it for whatever reason. I couldn't believe how lame it was when I watched it for the first time. Boring as sin. Nick Nolte is a hit or miss actor. Sometimes I can tolerate him but sometimes I can't. This was one of his roles that I couldn't stand. Is he supposed to be Bobby Knight or what?
½ February 7, 2013
Ok story, Shaq was great, still was not a very good film.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.