Bolt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bolt Reviews

July 15, 2017
I enjoyed this slice of Disney fun. No songs which makes a nice change (although Disney do great music). Travolta does well..it seems he is a better actor behind a microphone than in front of a screen.
The beginning of the film is cleverly done and hooks you instantly. Although the rest of the movie does not keep this pace and excitement, it is still a great buddy movie with lovable characters and a decent journey to follow. Bolt definitely shows of some significant leaps in animation with some nice effects on the animals and the environment. Not at Pixar's level of course, but still with a CG sheen that now defines the later Disney films. I particularly loved the pigeons throughout...the characteristics are spot on, as are the little nuances used in the animation. Brilliant.
April 29, 2017
I love this film. It's funny, nicely animated and well-written. It has a very original story and most of all, it's extremely cute. Bolt is just the most awesome, adorable dog ever, super dog or not, and John Travolta did a wonderful job at voicing him. Rhino and Mittens are also pretty likeable. It probably could've used a bit more humor because it could've been one of the great animated comedies like Shrek 2, but I was genuinely satisfied with the humor that did come out of it. It's not great, but it's good and entertaining. One of my favorites from Disney. Bolt a fun, unique, heartwarming little adventure the whole family can enjoy
March 16, 2017
Tight animation despite being one of Disney's weaker films
March 12, 2017
Incredibly underrated, Bolt has plenty of lovable characters that engross and engage the audience, shown with its nostalgic, stylistic animation style. John Travolta is able to masterfully create depth in his character along with the movie as a whole with his expertly delivered vocal performance, matched perfectly with Bolt's extremely expressive facial animation. Beginning with jokes to captivate the audience with the characters before becoming sweetly sentimental and touching, Bolt is a movie that should not be missed.
½ February 14, 2017
Bolt is pretty good, 7/10
½ February 8, 2017
Bolt is directed by Chris Williams and Byron Howard, and it stars John Travolta, Susie Essman, Mark Walton, and Miley Cyrus in a Disney computer animated film about a dog that who has superpowers in terms of strength, jumping high, and speed, and he's with Penny (Miley Cyrus) who's always by his side to defeat the one-eyed man. The thing is however, it's all from a teen show and Bolt (John Travolta) knows nothing of the real world, which when Penny gets "kidnapped", Bolt goes to the outside world knowing nothing about what is real and what's fake. I adored this movie when I was a little kid, and I guess I wasn't shocked at all when it turns out this was one of the first 3D animated films from Disney that's not Pixar. So when I come across this again, of course I wanted to watch it, and it surprisingly holds up to this day. The voice acting is great, even if I was skeptical at first to see John Travolta do voice acting in this film, but he did better than I thought he did. The animation is impressive to look at, and the story is original enough for me that I'm looking forward to see where it's going to lead to, even if I haven't seen the film in years. The characters are memorable, whether it be from Bolt, Mittens, or Rhino that I thought was going to be a comic relief, but wasn't as he actually did some things. The humor is pretty funny, and the writing by Dan Fogelman and Chris Williams is clever. The only issue that I have with the film, is that while the premise of it is pretty original, the structure of it is really familiar that you are starting to see where it's going. With that said, I enjoyed Bolt very much and was a cute enough film that wasn't at the point to pull at your strings.
January 13, 2017
We have watched this movie over and over and over again. It is delightful.
½ January 6, 2017
underrated should of been a bigger hit
December 5, 2016
It is a refreshing movie nice to see if you are looking for something to watch not to violent and a story that moves a long nicely this would be a choice. It wouldn't be a favourite but it is definitely a classic.
November 30, 2016
My daughter watched this 5 times. Awesome
½ October 5, 2016
Clean, funny, and though-provoking, Bolt, compare with other disaster animals movies as well as Chicken Little, can catch the attention and the friendship of the audience. Such as memorable Disney movie
September 22, 2016
As an 19 years old I still enjoy this movie very much. Great characters and setup. I'm laughing so hard every time I see it and is also crying a little bit. Only minus is the long "fight scene" in the start. It's a little too long.
September 8, 2016
Disney is back with a solid film with many laughs and good visuals. I like the hamster the most.
August 28, 2016
good tale. the guinea pig was hilarious!
August 15, 2016
Bolt was good! The CGI animation looks a lot better than Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons.
½ August 5, 2016
not Disney's best. had some fun moments but overall pretty standard animated movie.
August 1, 2016
Very cute movie, I'm glad I had a chance to watch it :)
July 27, 2016
This is one of my 3 favourite Disney films. Disney's first good CGI Film
July 9, 2016
we watched this tonight at home with the kids. it was confusing for the 5 year old. I was constantly explaining the issue about fake and real. I think this is one of the weakest Disney animated movie I have seen. ending was okay, at least some redemption there. Mittens (I think) is the strongest character that added most value to the movie.
June 28, 2016
Bolt is inspiring and hilarious. The plot of the movie is great. Also, lets not forget the hit new hit song preformed in the credits by John Travolta and Miley Cyrus. I would suggest this movie.