Born to Dance Reviews

• May 04, 2019

If you take all the tap dancing numbers out, this might be a watchable film. For some reason, tap dancing was all the rage until the mid-50s and after that, it just appeared ridiculous. What was the allure and why did they do it? No one today would watch this type of dancing for hours.

• Jan 27, 2019

The best movie song ever sung: I've Got You Under My Skin!

The best movie song ever sung: I've Got You Under My Skin!

• Jan 22, 2017

What can be said about Born to Dance but that it's fun & it's a musical. One of the very few musicals of Jimmy Stewart & also staring the terrific Elenor Powell who had a big but brief career in Hollywood Musicals. The story truly takes a backseat to great songs & terrific numbers, the final sequence with Elenor on the Navy Battleship will truly be in the anvils of cinema for years to come. Has some terrific character actors but does fail as a clever narrative but I have no doubt Audiences of 1936 didn't loose much sleep over it.

• Jan 05, 2016

Born to Dance FullMovie Watch Now => http://bit.ly/1P2JZoh Download Now => http://bit.ly/1P2JZoh

• Dec 23, 2014

Cole Porter wrote one of his best movie scores for this highly entertaining MGM musical; the songs include "Rap-Tap On Wood," "I've Got You Under My Skin" and "Easy to Love" (introduced by James Stewart!); the spectacular finale features Eleanor Powell performing "Swingin' the Jinx Away" aboard a battleship.

• Mar 27, 2014

Jimmy Stewart's only musical-thank God 'cos sorry Jimmy ya can't carry a tune!

Jimmy Stewart's only musical-thank God 'cos sorry Jimmy ya can't carry a tune!

• Feb 10, 2013

the singing and dancing was a lil bit too many, Eleanor was amazing still i wish the story line could be richer :)

• Aug 05, 2011

Friday, August 5, 2011 (1936) Born To Dance MUSICAL/ COMEDY Extremely odd film if anyone who want to check out actor James Stewart as a navy officer who also sings and dances for the navy! Their is some catchy musical numbers which used to be quite effetive at the time, but can be labelled as part of big band music! And the plot is a love triangle, which only serves as a backdrop for all the singing and dancing done by Eleanor Powell! Unfunny but unusual! 2.5 out of 4

• Apr 15, 2011

Campy, absurd silliness. Guilty pleasure.

Campy, absurd silliness. Guilty pleasure.

• Apr 13, 2011