Breathing Reviews

• Mar 30, 2015

A juvenile delinquent gets a work release job with at the city coroner department... high jinks ensue, but Austria is close enough to the Eastern Bloc that the high jinks are appropriately soul crushing.

• May 08, 2014

Another great example for Austrian cinema. This film comes along very quiet without being boring. It's a character study close to the coming of age genre, at times a little depressing, but it never loses a certain flicker of hope. Also noteworthy: Thomas Schubert who delivers a fine performance was casted as an amateur actor.

• May 03, 2014

The type of movie that makes you stop, think and reflect

The type of movie that makes you stop, think and reflect

• Nov 25, 2013

The movie communicates through the visuals and does not rely on words, and it's very refreshing in the sense that it suffices in pulling the audience in the quite complicated state of mind of its main character. The only thing I didn't like was sound editing and music; it's possible to add to the movie experience without making it over-dramatic.

• William H Super Reviewer
    Aug 22, 2013

Excellent debut feature, reminiscente of the Dardenne Brothers.

Excellent debut feature, reminiscente of the Dardenne Brothers.

• Aug 08, 2013

A young man that's been in orphanages or in jail all his lifetime tries to start a new life. He gets a job at a morgue and we follow him and his quite depressing life. The pacing here is great and the development is neat - we get to know many characters. The imagery is OK, the acting is OK and the atmosphere is fine. This is Karl Markovics' directorial debut. A guy that's probably most known from his acting in "The Counterfeiters". His film is good and worth a watch, but it's not some mindblowing stuff. It's getting better and better towards the end though. That's a good thing. 7 out of 10 squirting beers.

• May 26, 2013

As still as a corpse, and as cold.

As still as a corpse, and as cold.

• Dec 16, 2012

A story of self-realisation powerfully written, performed and directed.

A story of self-realisation powerfully written, performed and directed.

• Nov 28, 2012

Beautiful, but I couldn't find it in my heart to like the main character.

Beautiful, but I couldn't find it in my heart to like the main character.

• Oct 03, 2012

An impressive and very controlled debut, emotionally painful and introspective.

An impressive and very controlled debut, emotionally painful and introspective.