Bridge of Dragons Reviews

• Jul 13, 2014

Sadly, there's a severe lack of dragons in this. Once past that fact, this is a wonderful mix of genres: Fantasy kingdoms & princesses, post-apocalyptic future, material arts choreography, elements of Aladdin and Robin Hood, etc. Headlining: Dolph "He-Man" Lundgren vs Cary-Hiroyuki "Shang Tsung" Tagawa. I can't think of anything that could be more Rob-baity for me. For all those alone an instant positive review. On the negative, it is of course on the cheap side, the action isn't thrilling, and there's not enough cool world building. But, hey, at least they made a movie no one else is making.

• Dec 18, 2013

Actually called Bride of Dragons....Bridge of Dragons has nothing to do with the movie. It might be a misspelling on the picture....There is NO BRIDGE in the movie. There is a bride and IMDB quotes it as Bride of Dragons

• Apr 13, 2013

I'd actually say that Patrick Swayze's "Steel Dawn" is the superior post-apocalyptic film when compared to this Dolph Lundgren vehicle. To begin with, the film hardly seems post-apocalyptic and more seems like a bunch of gunfights between men in dirty fatigues on abandoned A-Team sets. The silly start involves Dolpg protecting princess Valerie Chow villainous warlord Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa. There were some attempts to include Hong Kong style martial arts, but they're rather poorly done. The film's director actually actually ended up direction three Power Ranger films after this, which give you an indication as to the quality of fight scenes here. It's all just pretty bad. For cheapie post-apocalyptic trash, stick with something like "The Blood of Heroes" or even Italian garbage like "Endgame."

• Feb 19, 2013

Hell yeah this is terrible, but it's still Dolph. I still think if they gave him a decent script, decent cast around him, and a decent budget, Dolph could have had Jason Statham's action career. I watched it for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only, Rocky IV and Masters of the Universe.

• Dec 27, 2012

Although succuming to many issues you might expect from a film like this, since Bridge of Dragons was filmed on a great location and there is an excessively large amount of half-decent action, it rises above Dolph Lundgren standards and turns into an enjoyable B-movie action flick. The plot has been used many times before, such as in the earlier Dolph Lundgren film Red Scorpion, but this time around theres little boredom and rather a large amount of action, which by direct-to-video standards is fairly decent. Also, Dolph Lundgren gave a half decent performance so that added a bit to the film too. So in the end, Bridge of Dragons is one of the better direct-to-video action flicks from Dolph Lundgren's career and it was worth checking out.

• May 14, 2011

This looks like they got some internet nerd writing the scenario for this; nazi helmets and asian chicks. But then they would have been tits and sex in it. They don't give any backstory and the title doesn't make any sense. For the rest it's an generic action movie.

• Mar 24, 2011

This film has got great action to be enjoyed from. I guess the ending fight scene should have been extended.

• Dec 12, 2010

78% Stunt men take a mean beating and the wire work is excellent. Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa always makes a great villian. Just to let you know how evil Hiroyuki Tagawa's army is, nazi uniforms are worn by his soldiers and 666 is printed on the sides of the vehicles.

• Phil H Super Reviewer
    Sep 02, 2010

This odd action flick isn't too bad in spots but its still horrendously bad in the acting and action department and yet another very poor film from an increasingly desperate seeming Dolph Lundgren. Here Dolph faces off against cult character actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa which is a big plus as Cary is a good baddie and has unique characteristics just like our beloved Lance Henriksen. Cary actually looks the part for 'M. Bison' in 'SFII' if you ask me, he would of been perfect for the role and you can see why in this film. Its a weird flick set in an odd future where the baddies dress in Nazi uniforms (lol! unintended I'm sure), there is a king and Princess and everything has a 'Mad Max' feel to it. The action sequences are terrible as usual with some of the worst extras I've seen, but there are some nice martial arts moves from Cary, Shane (warrior princess) and Dolph. The film does have a slight Japanese/Chinese manga/martial arts movie feel running through at times which does save it ever so slightly but the dodgy chopper sequences ruin any chance of redemption.

• Jul 20, 2009

Isaac Florentine is the God of over the top action movies with nonsensical plots. Nothing in this movie makes any sense at all, but the non stop action is some of the most beautiful you'll ever see.