A Bronx Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Bronx Tale Reviews

November 15, 2016
Well-acted, well-written, and well-directed from Robert De Niro. A very unique coming-of-age/gangster movie that is more heartfelt than most gangster movies.
½ October 31, 2016
Wow, just wow! Truly enjoyed it.
October 30, 2016
Euuuuch. Good film but everyone around Sonny is so servile, it makes my skin crawl. This immovable respect for someone who is simply violent is something I just hate to watch. But the film is worth seeing and generally moves along at a good pace. Very easy to follow.
September 18, 2016
An old favourite that has been watched many times. Chas Palminteri's one man show turned film becomes a story of the working man v's the gangster and a boy who is lured into a world beyond his years. A Bronx tale is a staple for any good film collection
September 2, 2016
This just moved into my top 3 mob movies competing with Goodfellas at #1. Can't believe I've never seen it. What an amazing movie! The conflict and maturation in the character development was just fantastic.
½ June 6, 2016
Personally I freaking love this movie. It's relatable to me and probably some other. It's a fresh take on mob films, with a more emotional take. Another aspect is the two different view on the gangster life. It's a really solid coming to age me unlike any other. Robert De Niro debut as an director was phenomenal. Great camera shots, along with the lighting works tremendously, by showing both views of the Bronx by making the Bronx feel like it's own character. Good casting with great performances. Excellent movie in general.
½ May 27, 2016
Not only is it a great tale, but also a great film.
April 27, 2016
A decent movie by De Niro, with nice story.
Feels a bit dated and under-budgeted.
½ April 2, 2016
Really enjoyed the movie. Funny and awesome.
½ March 24, 2016
Incredible movie directed by De Niro and written by Palminteri that I will never ever forget.
February 9, 2016
All time favorite movie in my list. It's a classic in my collection. Wasted talent is the message in it and ironically and unfortunately in real life "C" wasted his.
January 23, 2016
Unfortunately, Robert De Niro is currently starring in what the critics are calling his worst film, DIRTY GRANDPA. I'm not planning on seeing that film. This weekend I watched in A BRONX TALE, which he directed, too. It's a really good film based upon the childhood of Colegero "Chazz" Palminteri, who wrote the screenplay and co-starred in the film as Sonny, while De Niro played Lorenzo. It is the story of Colegoro or "C" who becomes friends with the local mafia boss much to his father's dismay. It's an interesting relationship because Sonny the mob boss is a very complex character who really does care about C. Yet, he is also a bad influence. C's hard working bus driver father, Lorenzo, tries his best to raise C and keep him away from bad influences. It's quite good and watch this film rather than DIRTY GRANDPA.
October 14, 2015
I love everything about this movie from the cast to the sound track!
August 21, 2015
Stunning sets, de Niro and Chaz play great father figures. Everything I want to see in a mob movie and a coming of age movie
May 17, 2015
`The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.`
Brilliant pic!
May 3, 2015
While not as good as Goodfellas or The Departed, A Bronx Tale is still a very entertaining film. I didn't like the relationship story in this movie and thought it was cliche, but the soundtrack and acting in this film are awesome.
½ April 8, 2015
As well done a crime/mob,coming of age movie as was made in the 90's......just a different sort of one.
½ March 27, 2015
Do you fans of Crime Dramas think some of Steven Seagal's 1991 violent and brutal story, Above the Law, about cops and cons and drugs and retribution in Brooklyn, in which I wanted William Forsyth (as Richie) to be in as many scenes as possible, stayed with Robert De Niro when he made A Bronx Tale three years later?
The local color, the street fights and beatdowns, and the shootings are very good in both films, but seem a little more imaginative and not as predictable in the earlier one. And how about the Puppy? Seagal named him Colangelo. The Bronx Bus Driver's son had the same name, although he preferred, "C" as he got older.

Anyway, they are both good movies to watch whenever they're on Cable. Premium Cable. So you can see them uncut, and really enjoy what the Director intended.
½ March 11, 2015
Ok not as good as rating though.
Robbanflix
January 1, 2015
This is probably a top 3 genre for me when it comes to movies you really enjoy extra much watching if the story is great and the actors makes good performances. Its a crime drama movie directed by De Niro and he have a pretty big role aswell himself as the bus driver Lorenzo Anello. Story focus mainly on his son Calogero , growing up in Bronx 60's among gangsters and the big neighborhood boss Sonny. Its a rather simple story to follow but very interesting and powerful. A bit like Goodfellas and other similar movies in this genre. The acting is obviously on top here and De Niro truly belongs in these type of flicks. A bit shame that Joe Pesci had such a short role but the rest of the cast did really nice performances so i was satisfied. Anyway a movie to enjoy indeed and watching a movie like this time to time is a must !