The Butterfly Effect Reviews

• Jan 18, 2021

I thought it was a fun watch. I mean I don't know it wasn't the best thing I've ever seen but a 33%? I would assume a 65% with a controversial ?/10 score. I just don't get how it's so bad. I get that people are saying this movie is Donnie Darko for dummies, but to be honest Donnie Darko itself was pretty dumb. It's a great movie but it's whiny and made for young teens just as this movie is. The only difference is that Donnie Darko had Jake Gyllenhaal and it's director did a bad job of explaining the movie. This movie was well explained so there is no mystery, that's really the main difference.

• Jan 05, 2021

One of my favorite movies! It's a great story!

One of my favorite movies! It's a great story!

• Dec 13, 2020

The Butterfly Effect is quite a good science fiction thriller, it really captivated me. What really impressed me with this movie is its script, it's complex and well written I think. And it tackles a really amazing premise. Ashton Kutcher is also good in the lead role. It's gripping and intense, sometimes it can actually be a little bit hard to watch. It's a movie which tackles a big theme of wanting to change the past, and not accepting the way things are. It's got plenty of little nice twists. I watched the director's cut, which features quite a surprising ending and hard-hitting ending. Overall, I really liked The Butterfly Effect, I think it deserves to become a classic genre pic. A good mind-twisting movie and recommended!!

• Dec 04, 2020

One of my favorites, something about this movie just always makes me want to watch it over and over

• Nov 29, 2020

Not sure how anyone could not enjoy this film. It takes you on a wild ride through one man's life, with different actions producing different outcomes. Ashton Kutcher and Amy Smart were great. Everybody needs to see this one. It's probably my favorite film of all time.

• Oct 29, 2020

Critics get it wrong again, this was a great suspenseful movie from start to finish.

• Oct 28, 2020

It's a bit nonsensical. And it's not really that entertaining. How the guy is able to time travel is never explained. The idea that one little thing being changed can completely alter a person's character to the extremes, is a bit much. Humans are more complex than that. No one single event has as much control over who you become as this film makes it seem. The psychic giving some prophetic reading was annoying. Psychics are known frauds who just take money from gullible people.

• Sep 21, 2020

Neet twists. Excellent idea for a movie. Man has the ability to change his history by taking over himself as a young boy.

• Aug 31, 2020

Efeito Borboleta (2004) #IMDb #MovieReview 4,0 ⭐️ Desde criança, rapaz sofre blackouts que o colocam em situações perigosas. Na faculdade, percebe que ao voltar nas lembranças pode alterá-las. Mas há um preço. Ótimo filme!

• Aug 23, 2020

I'm somehow surprised by the concept.I think the first part of the movie was very slow and not even interesting,but all make sense at the conclusion.When the action came out,I was entertained about how far events could go and they made it beyond my expectations.Everything related by the memories were really well done.I liked the idea behind using it to impact the story.The message sent by the ending was really outstanding.