Caddyshack - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Caddyshack Reviews

July 31, 2017
Bill Murray deserved an Oscar for his Brilliant Comedic Characterization of an all to "Real Life" guy we've all known.
½ July 30, 2017
why am I reviewing this movie, because I want to, now this movie is very funny, all the side characters are cartoon characters, to bill Murray all the way to Ted Night, this movie doesn't really have a plot until the last 3rd but everything else is just a bunch of funny scenes, like scenes that are just funny like golfing in the rain or the pool sequence, most of them are funny except for one with bill murray and Chevy Chase which has at least one chuckle in there, what I love about the movie is that the comedy isn't really obvious, like in the talk between the main character Danny and Chevy Chase is so funny but you don't really pick up on it until the second time viewing it, a lot of people said that Chevy Chase wasn't funny in this movie but he was, it was just really cuddle and was something no one saw from him, everyone does great well at least all the side characters, Bill Murray' Ted Night, Dangerfield, Chevy Chase, are all funny, which isn't funny is the main characters Danny his girlfriend and the other chick he likes, the are all pretty forgettable and don't have many good scenes, what I'm doing is saying there are problems with a classic shoot me, now I like how there are mutable stories and they each get enough screen time like Carl and the Gopher, Ted Night against Dangerfield, Danny and his quest for his scholarship, the one story I didn't like was chevy chase and the romance between the hot chick because it was pretty bland, the jokes are hilarious and I was laughing a lot but it wasn't as good as people said it was going to be
½ June 30, 2017
Caddyshack has various funny parts and a good cast, however, it fails to actually have a solid plot and turns out too random.
June 13, 2017
Can't get a break from laughing.
June 2, 2017
Classic comedy about a golf country club and its members who are both stuck up snobs and down to earth slobs. Whenever I ask people if they like this movie it tells me if they are a snob or a slob. Made Bill Murray and Rodney Dangerfield's career's. I love this movie.
May 28, 2017
Caddyshack (1980) C-98m. ? 1/2 D: Harold Ramis. Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield, Ted Knight, Michael O'Keefe, Bill Murray. Exclusive golf course now puts up with pushy member and ruinous Murray, among other shenanigans. Irrelevance and destruction take place of comedy in nearly defenseless farce (it does offer Dangerfield at his funniest). Play an actual game of golf instead. Followed by CADDYSHACK II.
May 9, 2017
First time watching this one all the way through. Rodney Dangerfield and especially Ted White make this one (Dangerfield's hilarious one-liners most of which had to be ad-lib and White's flabbergasted reactions to them) so much that the main plot revolving around Michael O'Keefe's character seems secondary and almost unnecessary.
½ May 9, 2017
In this eminently quotable directorial debut from the tragically late, yet unquestionably great Harold Ramis, we get to see a few of comedy's finest names collide in some great scenes of banter and wit and some other fantastic scenes of slapstick and bombast. And does the comedy age well? You'd be surprised at how funny all of this stuff still is. And structurally speaking, this is also something quite interesting to feast upon as well, for "Caddyshack" is essentially a series of vignettes and sketches strung together by a very flimsy narrative throughline. And, while most movies that attempt this often fail miserably, there's just something about "Caddyshack's" spirit and charm that powers the film through the occasional aimless scene. A truly unique and occasionally masterful comedic feat overall.
May 4, 2017
A watchable but overpraised comedy. It's crude, annoying, and not very funny. The sports aspect makes it moderately enjoyable though. (First viewing - Late teen years)
April 30, 2017
very overrated. Sometimes terrible sometimes awesome
April 20, 2017
When you watch CaddyShack now, it's nothing special. But, that doesn't mean it is entertaining with a cast plus a awesome soundtrack to accompany life at the country club.....
April 19, 2017
The humour is mostly fairly juvenile, but there are some classic moments. Reasonably entertaining.
March 26, 2017
Caddyshack is a good comedy, but doesn't have a true standout role, performance, or joke.
March 24, 2017
Hilarious , nothing else to say about this movie just plain hilarious.
½ March 17, 2017
Success in the movie pool! A simple, fun movie about golf and gophers, Caddyshack really is a classic. We open with Danny Noonan (Michael O'Keefe) having his dad grill him about college funds. After he gets to his job as a caddy, what follows is a hilarious plot of two guys getting into a golf match, while groundskeeper Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) goes all Liam Neeson and Punisher on a hilarious gopher. The effects in this movie are cheap, but believable considering the budget and release time, whether it's a guy getting struck by lightning having some weird blue light around him or the gopher. The gopher's phoniness may be a little obvious, but more believable than what CGI would have done. The soundtrack from Johnny Mandel maintains the cheesy feel to it, and with Kenny Loggins songs, adds to the humor. Overall, Caddyshack is a fun comedy that has two-dimensional characters make spectacles of themselves.
February 15, 2017
A true classic comedy. It is still funny over 35 years later. It ranks up there with Animal House. Ted Knight was great and showed his dry humor. It is a movie you can watch over and over and you will notice something new. This was one of my favorite movies as a teenager and is one of my kids favorites also.
February 8, 2017
I almost turned this off, but I stuck with it til the end hoping that it would improve, it didn't.

Some funny moments here & there, just not enough of them.

It's never good when a 90 minute movie feels like 2 hours+

Generous score considering.

[4/10]
January 26, 2017
Great big gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts. An absolutely timeless slapstick gut-buster that leaves you feeling happier for having watched it.
January 23, 2017
this movie never gets old, should be watched often