Carrie Reviews

• Feb 18, 2021

Something more horrible than Carrie - a child pretending to be a star. Equal to the shinning twins, tricycle, Morticia's addams, the large eye IDK- is that me or you-that scary or is it just the spider in my eye wincing this way- Wednesday's Addams or the fact that it's just Friday and probably freaky, Chloe - a superfreak in badass, fun and what we used to think of children, tomboy, uncoordinated and just plain dumb - I'm not sure if I should be this way, or should I kick ass this way by day and be fun and fearful at night - not being one of the boys or playing fair, wide, eyed and ready for fun, or fear. I'm not sure if it's the way she looks at you or the wince she makes when she evil demon's her face toward your glare but she's ready for business - to hit you with a stick or a lip-stick - probably the colour red to represent her favourite shade of blood stained dress, but she didn't come play - no she came to play up her favourite dress, whether it's kickass robes and belts - red for her favourite colour and black bc she's that violent - or dresses itself - also in red - bc it doesn't matter what day it is - she can swing both ways - whatever gets her in the door or out of the closet - her mother's. martial arts 101 - be independent, rely and no-one and don't let girls in - oriental legion circa 1800 or 800 AD - who knows neither do they. Seriously she's probably the worst star to ever come out of "child star" since selena and vanessa- the problem is they're all related. Next, she'd be a mouse, no she already did that - running laps around her head like "tweety" bird- no wait is that the same cartoon? It's cute right the one where they smash things- oh w/e.? - thank god there isn't much going on in there, except flights of air, really, really, small bird like air, at least they can get wind - and keep permanent room for a key hole entrance for mice😊 thank God she earned her ears a long time ago - it's an induction into the family - sucking and looking pretty at the same time - as a "latina." Horror movies and cartoon re-do's are one in the same - they give a flare of acid reflex to those watching, they make you think they are damsels or in distress, or pin-ups in a poster twirling I haven't found waldo in yet - is he there or is my head just spinning? and make your head wrap all the way around - tweety bird style or that owl who used to know things - WHO - IDK- no-one knows anything anymore except how to lower your top, pout your lips and pretend you're hip doing it - all the boys like that? the problem is they're equally as scary, yikes. 😒

• Feb 02, 2021

After seeing the original I think nobody will give undeserved credit to this lazy, low-budged, close minded remake that wasn't needed.

• Jan 21, 2021

This is a review of Carrie (2013), the 2013 remake adaptation of Stephen King's classic horror novel. It stars Chloe Grace Moretz as Carrie White, a troubled teenager who discovers that she has telekinetic powers, while having to contend with an abusive mother and school bullies. The film also stars Julianne Moore as Margaret White, Carrie's abusive mother and a religious fanatic; and Judy Greer played Miss Desjardin, Carrie's supportive gym teacher. Directed by Kimberly Peirce, the film is competently shot and the acting is good, but it just seems superfluous at times and comes off as a retread of well-worn territory. Regarding the acting, Chloe Grace Moretz was a perfectly fine Carrie White, showing an apt level of vulnerability needed for the character and keeping that sense all throughout the film, even as she gains some more agency and confidence through her development of her powers. However, I have noticed (as have many others) that Moretz seemed a little too picture-perfect, a little too glamorously-portrayed to be regarded as a target ripe for bullying. It must be said that in real life, perfectly normal-looking people can and do get bullied, but in film, audience members usually expect some level of at least seeming unattractiveness from victims of bullying, while Moretz just seemed too attractive to be believable as someone being ostracized and bullied, even with her freak-out over her first period taken into consideration.Other than that, her performance was very good. Julianne Moore was a great deranged Margaret White, clearly having a fun time playing a disturbed religious fanatic. The actors and actresses who played the bullies weren't given much to do other than look attractive, act evil and condescending, and occasionally have doubts before doubling down on their vicious acts. The only exception is Sue, played by Gabriella Wilde, who regrets her part in the initial bullying and quickly tries to do her best to make amends to Carrie. She is shown as sympathetic yet helpless and rather ineffectual. Overall, the acting in the film was pretty good. Regarding the plot, which hewed closely to the original novel, it concerns Carrie discovering her telekinetic powers amidst a tragic coming-of-age story, being bullied by popular girls at school and suffering at the hands of an abusive and overbearing single mother who has obsessively religious beliefs. However, because of this, it doesn't really do anything new and aside from a setting update into the late 2000s/the early 2010s, there isn't much of anything original here, nothing the novel and its older adaptations haven't already covered. Overall, the film was competently made, being well-shot and with good editing, good acting, but had some bad special effects and a tired plot that comes off as a complete retread without adding much to the story. Score: 6/10

• Jan 17, 2021

Para mi gusto esta fue la mejor adaptación del libro de Stephen King sobre Carrie, ya que hubo 3 pero esta última lo encontré más entretenida sobre todo por las excelentes actuaciones de Cloe Grace Moretz como Carrie White y Julianne Moore como la madre Margaret White. En este film no se sustenta mucho en torno al libro. Hay partes como relleno que creo que no debía mostrarse como cuando matan al cerdito para que usen su sangre, pero en los efectos especiales muy buenos y también algo que mejora para mí , la película es al inicio de como se como nace Carrie y en la manera en que nació que por cierto en el libro si habla de eso. No se porqué la película fue considerada como un género de terror si no da miedo, en vez la de 1976 en el que Carrie mata a todos sus compañeros te da más miedo. La narrativa de la película es simple Carrie es una chica tímida y callada, que no socializa, aparte que su madre tampoco le ayudaba a tener a amigos ya que mucho se obsesionaba con su religión. Un día tiene regla se da cuenta que tiene poderes y como su compañera, la mas fastidiosa le vuelve a fastidiar se convierte en psycho killer y mata a todos. El trama empieza cuando un día Carrie se esta duchando y de repente le empieza a salir la regla, ella empieza a asustarse por la ignorancia y sus compañeras en vez de ayudarles, se burlan y una lo graba. Después vino la profesora a ayudarle y en eso ella no para de gritar de lo asustada, cuando de pronto las luces del baño explotan y ahí es donde por primera vez usa sus poderes, pero ella no sabía. ¡Ahh! pero que tal cachetada que la metió a Carrie para que se le quitara todo el nervio. Bueno eso es solo el inicio y no lo digo todo por que ya para qué querían verlo. jaja.

• Jan 16, 2021

the movie is very good and a thousand times better than the one but the old is more scared

• Dec 31, 2020

As i enjoy some remakes, you'll soon grow to know i most specifically despise more than a few remakes. Carrie is probably on top of this list, maybe the most pointless remake i've ever seen. This 2013 version did not add one red cent of additional value when compared to the original, it was exactly the same in most ways yet Carrie in this film seemed to have a sort of disconnect with the audience and gains no sympathy in their eyes or mine. It could have been better if it didn't attempt to pander to the younger generation so intently. Even the healthy cast couldn't save this from mediocrity.

• Oct 31, 2020

If you like Carrie and you're thinking about giving this a chance because 50% could be a good score for a remake of a classic, DO NOT WATCH THIS. It is not only absolutely terrible and poorly cast, but every detail has been changed for no apparent reason.

• Oct 24, 2020

The problem with this rendition of Stephen King's classic isn't that its actors are incompetent: It's that we don't need to see this story be told again, especially in a more modern setting. I adore Chloe Grace Moretz as an actress, but her portrayal as the frail Carrie White simply wasn't believable. I'll stick to the 1970's version, where Sissy Spacek feels much more suited for the role and the film itself leaves a darkly lasting impact.

• Oct 18, 2020

Good adaptation of a legendary novel I must admit, hearing there was going to be another adaptation of Stephen King's first book I read so long ago and possibly a remake of the 1976 movie that I thought was a good adaptation, I was a bit cynical. But after hearing Chloë Grace Moretz would portray Carry White and Julianne Moore her mother, I was getting more intrigued and curious about this. It's a story about bullying and what it can do the the victim. That topic is of all times. You soon realize the horror of the story is not Carrie (who has a telekinetic power that quickly develops) but the people around her, like her bible crazed mother and her evil classmate who is willing to do anything to make Carrie pay for being different. Julianne Moore plays an extremely traumatized woman. Every thought that she has that seems sinful must be punished by hurting herself. Julianne Moore is very scary in this role because you never know what she will do next. And you are waiting for her to snap. The rules of life she learned (herself) from the bible and her love for her daughter makes her confused. She portraits this really well, you feel sorry for her and understand her motives to do what she does. Chloë Moretz plays a perfect sweet naive Carrie that doesn't know what is happening to her, but during the story blooms into a more secure young woman. In the beginning of the movie she still tries to hide her head between her shoulders, but as she learns more about life outside her mother's views, she dares to show herself more and shake off the trauma of her mother. I think she is a perfect Carrie, because she keeps her innocence, even when she goes all judgment day on the prom guests. She is still the victim of the people around her. I think they did a good job with this story. I cannot say it's better than the original was in its time, but for this generation of filmmakers and moviegoers, I think this will make quite a big impression on the audience. So for me it's a great adaptation of a legendary novel.

• Oct 15, 2020

this remake is better than the 1977 one I prefer much more. script is good and has characters you will love and characters you will hate. But the cast is not so good but disregarding that the film is excellent with great characters and great script. If you haven't watched it now.