Casanova Brown Reviews

• Feb 16, 2017

Casanova Brown is a disappointing film. It is about Cass Brown who is about to marry for the second time. Gary Cooper and Teresa Wright give terrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Sam Wood did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Oct 01, 2015

While I was there I met a girl. Casanova Brown is a very awkward man. He was initially married, just finished a divorce, and is in the process of marrying another; however, his first wife tells him she is pregnant. During the process he is informed she plans to give the child up for adoption so he kidnaps the baby and becomes an overbearing father. The police and his ex-wife are on the hunt for Casanova Brown. "...if I had a gun..." "Would you like mine, sir?" Sam Wood, director of Madame X, Raffles, Our Town, Lord Jeff, Whipsaw, Stablemates, Navy Blue and Gold, Stamboul Quest, and The Girl from Missouri, delivers Casanova Brown. The storyline for this picture is very mediocre and not well done. The film felt extremely unrealistic and the comedic content was stale. The acting was just okay and the cast includes Gary Cooper, Teresa Wright, Frank Morgan, and Anita Louise. "Is this the same fella that is supposed to marry all the others?" I came across this old Cooper film on Netflix and had to add it to my queue. This was kind of disappointing and the plot was clumsy and painful at times. The script could have been better. I recommend skipping this. "You're just a horror, Mr. Casanova." Grade: C-

• Aug 02, 2015

gr8 cast makes this comedy go

gr8 cast makes this comedy go

• Dec 26, 2014

Gary Cooper is charming in this silly, light rom com

Gary Cooper is charming in this silly, light rom com

• Jul 04, 2014

Painfully bad! After hitting a home run 2 years earlier with Pride of the Yankees, director Sam Wood must have convinced Cooper and Wright to team up again, in spite of providing an insultingly stupid, illogical, insensitive script. One wonders if GC and TW had any integrity or taste.

• Apr 21, 2013

it's hilarious and i love Terssa's performance here :)

it's hilarious and i love Terssa's performance here :)

• Nov 06, 2011

"I burned that house down, not Sagittarius." Gary Cooper is surprisingly funny even tho the story isn't that great. They somehow make giving a baby up for adoption a comedy situation.

• Jan 18, 2010

Rather minor comedy, Gary Cooper seems a bit miscast, but he is always good. Excellent supporting cast, good score and art direction. Cute but not very memorable, light and entertaining.

• Jan 18, 2010